Can't Play Manually Recorded Show on Hopper

11555h

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 25, 2021
Southern Michigan
Last night I manually recorded a 3 hour block of time on CBS because I thought the football game may run late, which it did. I get that channel on OTA. Today it shows recorded on my DVR but when I click on it to see it I have no option to play it. When I click on in a screen comes up that looks like the screen I would get if I pressed "Info". I turned the DVR off which didn't do anything different, then I pushed on the red button and that didn't fix the problem. Not sure what to do next. Thanks in advance for any help.

Do you subscribe to locals and do you have PTAT activated? If so look on PTAT for those recordings. I also tried to record CBS from my OTA dongle but it told me that the recording was on PTAT, which it was.

Do you subscribe to locals and do you have PTAT activated? If so look on PTAT for those recordings. I also tried to record CBS from my OTA dongle but it told me that the recording was on PTAT, which it was.
I just have OTA for locals. I tried to manually record a show this morning on NBC. It shows up on my DVR screen as recorded but again I can't get it to play. Could I be doing something wrong in setting up for a manual record?

Yes I do have a pause/play button on the remote. That makes sense. Thank you all for your help. Yes, that worked. I'm learning.

Yeah, that's something that you shouldn't need to learn as it's really a bug in the software and I found that it would play only by accident and frustration pressing every button.

But in the larger picture, I don't see Dish fixing it anytime soon.

Glad you got it to work.

Yeah, that's something that you shouldn't need to learn as it's really a bug in the software and I found that it would play only by accident and frustration pressing every button.

But in the larger picture, I don't see Dish fixing it anytime soon.

Glad you got it to work.
I would have given up on it if it hadn't been for the experience of the nice folks on this forum.