Can't record Big 10 game

cmhawkiz

Original poster
Sep 1, 2008
I tried to record the Iowa Maine game on the bigten network on my 722 dvr and all I got was a blue screen, Can someone tell me if I can or can't record on the network is something blocking it.

I had the same problem with the iowa game. there was a quick flash that said my smart card was not authorized for this channel and it then only recorde black. But i was able to turn it to that channel and watch the end of the game when i got home.

I watched the game, paused it for quite awhile and came back to it fine, but when my son wanted to replay it I got the smart card deal also, forgot about that

I had exactly the same problem when I tried to record the Wisconsin/Akron game on my 722 (on a BTN alternate channel.) On playback I got that Smart Card message flashed and then 6 hours of blue screen nothingness.
Any one have any ideas on what is wrong?
Chasby:mad:

I had this same issue...luckily I was at the game, but I still wanted to watch it when I got home. To be safe, since I'm out of the area this weekend, I'm recording both the game and the replay to make sure I don't get screwed. I may call Dish if i have time.

Can't give you a definitative answer, but it sure sounds like this has something to do with the software and how it handles blackout content....

i didnt realize there WAS any blackout content for BTN games. i thought that was one advantage of having the alternates.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)