Can't see sat 129

bluezbear

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 6, 2006
Atlanta
Help! I can't see sat 129 from my house. That sucks. I have the VIP 622 and now receive HBO-HD but nothing else.

What HD channels are available on sats 110 and 119?

I would like to get ESPN-HD.

Thanks

http://ekb.dbstalk.com/dishlist.htm

Check that page, then do a quick text search for TND HD and that will take you to the HD channels section (or go to channel 9420). You should be getting more than HBO HD if you can see 110 and 119. Since you can't see 129, you might want to try 61.5, but I think ATL HD locals are on 129 (but I could be wrong)

Edit:
Dang beat me by 1 minute)

And yes, I just looked, the ATL HD locals are on 129

Last edited:
110°:
ShowtimeHD, HBOHD, ESPNHD, HDNET, DiscoveryHD, TNTHD
119°:
None

If you cannot see 129°, have Dish add a second dish pointed at 61.5°.
You have to have changed your programming package to one of the metal HD packages in order for your 622 to receive HD channels. (HBO is a Prem channel)

TNTHD, Discovery HD, HDNET, HDNET Movies, ESPNHD, HBOHD, and Showtime HD are on 110.

IF you can't see 129, all of the 15 Voom channels, ESPN2, and Universal HD are on 61.5.

The problem you will run into with the 622 is they won't authorize the old HD pack. Only the new metallic packs which include all of the HD channels (except HBO and Showtime. You must subscribe to those channels then you get the HD feed for free. Like you do HBO).

Have a great weekend.

Scott

Your down here in the southeast like me so you will probably be better off with a dish @ 61.5W than @ 129W. You'll get alot better signal strength with 61.5

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)