Can't stop scheduled recording in progress after 4.41?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

KAB

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 20, 2005
Fishers, IN
I swear (I really think) I have done this before, ie after the movie is done on Starz and stopping after the movie is really over instead of recording the promo filler till the next program. But, when I hit the stop button, nothing happens. Go to Daily Programs, highlight the recording, and no stop recording option. Was I dreaming this all before? I tried manually recording a program (hit record button) and then Stop would let me end it. Confused!

You have to delete the Timer
Menu > Timers > hi-lite prog to stop rec> Delete > Yes > Yes

If you don't find a better answer to this... go to a channel you're not recording, open PIP, SWAP PIP, change channel. I think you'll get prompted that recording will stop and you have to return to "Live Mode" or something similar to that.

Not great but it should bust you out of recording.

I swear (I really think) I have done this before, ie after the movie is done on Starz and stopping after the movie is really over instead of recording the promo filler till the next program. But, when I hit the stop button, nothing happens. Go to Daily Programs, highlight the recording, and no stop recording option. Was I dreaming this all before? I tried manually recording a program (hit record button) and then Stop would let me end it. Confused!

IIRC it's been like that for quite a while, maybe always that way on the 622 but might depend on whether it's in single or dual mode. I know a scheduled recording on a 508 could be ended just by pressing the stop button. The quickest way to stop a scheduled recording on the 622 is to hit the channel up or down button and answer yes to the stop recording prompt, that's the one I use anyway. :)

NightRyder

Last edited:
FYI, didn't see this before

PVR > My Recordings > select program > Select > Stop Recording

IIRC it's been like that for quite a while, maybe always that way on the 622. The quickest way to stop a scheduled recording is to hit the channel up or down button and answer yes to the stop recording prompt.

NightRyder

Some (me) use Dual Mode with Record Plus enabled to TV2

FYI, didn't see this before

As in my original post, tried that. Did not get the Stop Recording Option. I know I used to. I have always been in dual mode, never in single. Record Plus set to TV2, as always.

Some (me) use Dual Mode with Record Plus enabled to TV2

Mine gets switched back and forth depending on whether the grandson is over or not, that's why the IIRC :) Your correct about deleting the timer, but I wonder why the Stop Recording option doesn't always show in Dual mode.

NightRyder

As in my original post, tried that. Did not get the Stop Recording Option. I know I used to. I have always been in dual mode, never in single. Record Plus set to TV2, as always.

I switch record plus all the time, the 'Stop Recording' option is available in TV1 recording in Dual Mode with Record Plus enabled to TV1 but not when RecPlus is enabled to TV2. I think deleting the Timer for stopping TV2 recordings is the only way now.

Dual Mode with Record Plus enabled to TV2

Dual Mode with Record Plus enabled to TV1

I switch record plus all the time, the 'Stop Recording' option is available in TV1 recording in Dual Mode with Record Plus enabled to TV1 but not when RecPlus is enabled to TV2. I think deleting the Timer for stopping TV2 recordings is the only way now.

Dual Mode with Record Plus enabled to TV2

Dual Mode with Record Plus enabled to TV1
That's starting to make sense now. Thanks.

can you explain it to ME? I guess I don't understand Record Plus. I have my 622 in single mode with record plus on tv2. Does it even matter when you're in single mode? I never output to a second TV.

can you explain it to ME? I guess I don't understand Record Plus. I have my 622 in single mode with record plus on tv2. Does it even matter when you're in single mode? I never output to a second TV.
In single mode, no.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)