Can't Type In 5 Digit Channel on HWS

rocatman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 28, 2003
In the last day or two I no longer to type in a 5 digit channel number such as a regional sports network e.g. 41221. Instead the HWS goes to the nearest channel to 4122. This also happens on my Joey. Any help would be appreciated.

Same problem here. Somehow the channels were also removed from my favorites. Have not reset yet, so cannot verify the fix.

I noticed Saturday that when I tried to enter the 5 digit number for the Big Ten network as I've done many times--gave me an error--but when I entered the 3 digit (405) the channel changed to that channel.
I also lost the channels from my favorite list. Had to re-add them manually.
I re-set the receiver also and that did nothing.

I'm actually happy at the way it is now.
Sure you can't directly tune by pressing numbers, but you can actually select it from the guide .
You barely could do that before with that stupid drop down feature.

I'm having the same problem. It appears to be related to the removal of the drop down lists. For example, most of the regional sports networks begin with 412 followed by a two digit number (mine are 412-01 and 412-09). Until a few days ago, you would see 412-00 (I think it was 00) with a plus sign. When selected, 412-00 would expand to reveal all off the regional sports networks beginning with 412. Selecting 412-00, while expanded, would contract the list. Now there's no way to select the channel directly other than to simply enter 412. Unfortunately, this takes me to 412-01 when I always want 412-09 (HD version). Having to select from the guide is incredibly annoying. This must be fixed ASAP!

Reactions: KenSoren
Seriously!!! I thought I was losing it there for a minute. Thanks for verifying I'm not crazy. 5 digits aren't working here either....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts