Can't Wait to Get Back To Dish

Su Meri

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 1, 2005
Cancelled dish to enjoy more channels with my new plasma TV. Man Cable sucks. The DVR's cable has are the most hideous things I have ever worked with. Man I miss my Dish DVR. Please tell me HD Local channels are just a few short months away, I can't take much more of this.

Su Meri said:
Please tell me HD Local channels are just a few short months away, I can't take much more of this.

E* has made no statement about if/when they would carry LIL HD channels. D* has announced the first 12 they'll do this year with more to be announced later this year:

The first group of DMAs to receive local HD channels is: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Philadelphia, Boston, San Francisco, Dallas, Washington D.C., Atlanta, Detroit, Houston and Tampa. These markets represent nearly 36 million homes or 32.8 percent of all U.S. TV households. Additional markets to receive local HD programming this year will be announced at a later date. Today, DIRECTV offers local channels in standard definition in 130 markets, including these 12 markets.

Su Meri: No matter who your cable company is, I'll bet Cox Cable of Fairfax County, VA still tops them all! They have been the stuff of legends and deservedly so IMHO. Their HD PQ is weak, their "digital" channels look awful and their prices are high. Guess why I am still with E*?

da Doug

If you can't get locals via an antenna you aint trying hard enough ;)

I know that's very biased, but eh :)

Close, I'm with Cox Cable of Las Vegas. The HD picture is actually very good. But their DVR's contstantly pause skip and pixelate. It is the worst thing I have ever seen.
Unfortunately my HOA will not allow an antenna to be put up to get HD locals that way....although I am getting close to trying anyway.
I only have about a month left before I will have been away from Dish for three months and am eligible for new customer promotions, that may be all the motivation I need to go strap a regular antenna onto the top of my house.

datwell said:
Su Meri: No matter who your cable company is, I'll bet Cox Cable of Fairfax County, VA still tops them all! They have been the stuff of legends and deservedly so IMHO. Their HD PQ is weak, their "digital" channels look awful and their prices are high. Guess why I am still with E*?

da Doug

Su Meri said:
Close, I'm with Cox Cable of Las Vegas. The HD picture is actually very good. But their DVR's contstantly pause skip and pixelate. It is the worst thing I have ever seen.
Unfortunately my HOA will not allow an antenna to be put up to get HD locals that way....although I am getting close to trying anyway.
I only have about a month left before I will have been away from Dish for three months and am eligible for new customer promotions, that may be all the motivation I need to go strap a regular antenna onto the top of my house.
I'm with Cox in Phoenix. Picture quality is good, DVR has been problem free. Wish they would HDnet/movies, TNT-HD, Cinemax-HD, The Movie Channel HD and the Outdoor channel.

Su Meri said:

Your HOA can't stop you from putting up an antenna - Federal Law!!!!!!!!

(Try one in your attice first to avoid conflicts with the HOA BS beaurocracy.)

fred

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)