Capture DVR recordings to VCR

pastamaker

Original poster
Nov 24, 2004
Have a 508 DVR. Want to capture a recording (or at least TV feed) to VCR. I have hooked up the VCR to the RCA output 1 on the 508. Do I need to do anything else? So far I have recorded nothing in my attemps.

Thx

What Bobby said. :)

Set your TV to the VCR feed. Make sure you can see the VCR menus and watch a tape.

Now, blank tape and hit record. You should be able to see whatever the 508 is showing. Menus, video, whatever - it should be visible on your TV. If not, the the problem lies in the hookup from the 508 to the VCR, and/or the VCR input setting.

Next Step

I bought an ILO DVD recorder at Walmart for $149. I have a RCA standalone DVR and I record most programs in "standard" mode. The other day I hooked my ILO to it and recorded from DVR. Outstanding quality. The ILO is a Lite-On 5001 I think and I have not had any problems with it. I did buy a 3 year warranty for it for $16.

I also heard on TV that DVD recorders are outselling VCRs by 40 to 1. And DVD blank disks are getting cheaper all the time. I just bought 50 for $29 and the prices are even lower now! :)

MrM

I didnt even know that a warranty was available through Wal-Mart for their electronics. $16 is pretty cheap considering what places like Circuit City Sears want to charge you for extended warranties.

$16 is over 10% of the cost of the electronics as stated. The big boxes don't charge quite that much as a rule.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts