Carnivàle, When is it coming back, November?

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
This is another series that I am waiting to come back for its second season. I think I read there will be another season? We need all the answers to the questions on this series. It will be cool if HBO could bring all the first season episodes in HD, of course, and replay them before the second season.

First Season Re-runs will be shown in October on HBO2 East/West (I had to go back and check the list of channels to see if VOOM offers these two. I don't think I ever watched these two channels). I may have to sit and watch them in SD :(

10/9 9:00 PM HBO2 - EAST CARNIVALE 01: MILFAY
10/10 12:00 AM HBO2 - WEST CARNIVALE 01: MILFAY
10/16 9:00 PM HBO2 - EAST CARNIVALE 02: AFTER THE BALL IS OVER
10/17 12:00 AM HBO2 - WEST CARNIVALE 02: AFTER THE BALL IS OVER
10/23 9:00 PM HBO2 - EAST CARNIVALE 03: TIPTON
10/24 12:00 AM HBO2 - WEST CARNIVALE 03: TIPTON
10/30 9:00 PM HBO2 - EAST CARNIVALE 04: BLACK BLIZZARD
10/31 12:00 AM HBO2 - WEST CARNIVALE 04: BLACK BLIZZARD

Again when I had cable and SD only prior to my HDTV and Voom I didn't watch a lot of TV, believe it I had HBO and only watched SOpranos and Sex and the City (wife) with it. What is this series about? Is it in HD and is it good?

What's it about...

Well, it's an interesting show. It took me 3 or 4 shows to get into it but here's a try and what it's about:

It's about a guy (Ben Hawkins--I believe it's Hawkins) who escapes from prison and does so by hooking up with a carnival which travels throughout the US (and Mexico at times). It's set during the depression so there are a lot of poor people who are on with the carnval to make ends meet.

Anyway, it turns out Ben has powers, strange powers he doesn't really understand. Ben has, basically, been running from himself and his powers because it scares him. Also, it is no mistake he hooked up with the carnival and they helped him escape the police. There are some strange happenings in the carnival and other people with other powers who know things about Ben and his father.

There is also a priest who becomes a big part of the show. He deals with a lot of things and seems to be looking for Ben but doesn't really know it. Ben also seems to be looking for the priest but doesn't really know it. Again, doesn't make sense here but will during the episodes.

i'm trying not to tell too much since there are some cool things you learn throughout the season that will make you sit there and say, "Holy cow!" Don't wanna ruin that for ya. :)

I really enjoy the show and can't wait for it to come back. As is always the case with HBO, they built up a lot at the end of the season. They give you just enough to want more. Just stick with it because it is a strange program and it may take a few episodes to get into it. The first few episodes have a LOT of groundwork in them so they seem a bit tedious at times. As you see more episodes you understand them more.

I hope this helps. Again, I don't want to spoil anything for anyone. It's a great show.

The Rickster

Yes it was HD but HBO is showing the above episodes in SD in october. As GadgetRick, stated it is a very interested show. It keeps you thinking what is going on and where it will move next.

Hope to see both Carnivale and Deadwood back sometime soon. Seems like only HBO develops and stays with a series. Showtime has introduced and then dropped a lot of series. ODYSSEY was my favorite.Others included BEGGARS AND CHOOSERS (a satire about Hollywood) and a series with Eric Stoltz (I forget the title) but it was clever and funny though somewhat dark and also starred William H. Macy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts