Cars 2

You mean, like Toy Story 2 or 3?? :)
If anyone can pull off a good sequel, it's these guys. And if it isn't to their standards, they tend to go direct to video.

I'm looking forward to this.

I could understand the sequels for Toy Story, but didn't think Cars was nearly at the same level. I doubt I'll see it until it makes it to the movie channels. The original was funny, but did not wow me. I did not even realize they were making another one.

I believe the characters from cars are popular on the Disney channel, perhaps that has prompted a new movie. It seems like they have a lot of cars shorts between programs and such (at least as I have observed the kids watching).

I could understand the sequels for Toy Story, but didn't think Cars was nearly at the same level. I doubt I'll see it until it makes it to the movie channels. The original was funny, but did not wow me. I did not even realize they were making another one.
I agree. I liked all of the Pixar films, but Cars was my 2nd least favorite. Please don't tell me the folks at Pixar have run out of ideas...

Just an interesting picture of how popular, and profitable, the Pixar films have been (IMDB.com ratings and US Box Office Gross only) - heck, I'm pretty we own every title on DVR or Blu-Ray and my kids have collected a boat-load of their stuff and Happy Meal items:

Toy Story (1995): 8.2 - 192M
A Bug's Life (1998): 7.3 - 163M
Toy Story 2 (1999): 8.0 - 246M
Monsters, Inc. (2001): 8.0 - 256M
Finding Nemo (2003): 8.2 - 340M
The Incredibles (2004): 8.1 - 261M
Cars (2006): 7.5 - 244M
Ratatouille (2007): 8.1 - 206M
WALL·E (2008): 8.5 - 224M
UP (2009): 8.4 - 293M
Toy Story 3 (2010): 8.8 - 414M

Last edited:
John Lasseter is co-directing, so you know it will be in good hands. Since taking over all of Disney animation, he's obviously had a say in a lot of the recent films, but I'm sure he's enjoying getting to play director again for this film.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)