Status
Not open for further replies.

Hemi 6.1

On Vacation
Original poster
May 3, 2007
Wayne County,Pa
for your tenants? hey man, you got room there for 2 more :p:D
No thankfully! My 2 houses and 4 apartments have been full for the last 3 years. I guess I'm not such an A hole after all.:D
Never had much trouble with rent either. Sometimes a couple are late but never more then like 10 days. So I don't complain at all. Times are tough if they needed to skip a month ,I would let everyone of them. I just won't tell them that .;) Not just Yet!

No thankfully! My 2 houses and 4 apartments have been full for the last 3 years. I guess I'm not such an A hole after all.:D

<stuff removed>

I dunno, you do drive a Hemi. <bg>

I kinda like my 2002 Z28 with the LS1:)

Speaking of rentals, I know this is completely off topic. I have a little 1 bedroom rental just on the city limits of Charlotte NC. I live exactly 150 miles door to door. The old girl renting my little house sent me a bad check in Nov., she took care of it the 1st week of Dec., not counting bad check fee. I asked her how she was going to pay for Dec. She told me she would not have it until the Friday after Christmas, I said OK that was fine. Well that date came and went, tried calling and leaving voice mails the 1st week of Jan, no returned calls after a week. I was left no choice but to file papers with courthouse. She finally called me back after she was served papers to appear in court. Now at this point she owes me a bad check fee for Nov, & rent for Dec, Jan & court fees. Being the type of person I am, I proposed to lower her rent $40.00 if she paid me bad check fee, Dec & Jan rent, & court fee before we were to appear in court, I stated that I would drop everything if she complied. Well she did comply and I collected everything she owed me. Well I'm lying she was $6.00 short, but we called it even. I inspected my little house and everything looked pretty good, not nasty or grimy. I even proposed helping her get set up on some type of housing assistance, which drew a very positive response. I am new to being a landlord and am learning as I go. I did not charge her for everything I could have, no sense in being a complete ass about it. I had family members telling me to do this and that, but until your put into that kind of situation it is hard making decisions that affect someone else life.

I guess you like 325 HP better then 425 hp.:p
:)

Sometimes it isn't about how much power you have, but how you put it down.

From Car and Driver a BMW 135 with just 300 hp can do 0-60 in 4.7 and 13.3 @ 106 mph quarter mile vs 4.8 0-60 and 13.3 @ 108 mph quarter mile for a Dodge Challenger SRT 8 and the 135 will run circles around the Dodge on a road course track. For example in Car and Driver's Lighting Lap the 135 did the lap in 3:13/78.3 mph versus 3:16.3/77 mph for the Dodge.

Hey where is my car war zone? :)

From Car and Driver a BMW 135 with just 300 hp can do 0-60 in 4.7 and 13.3 @ 106 mph quarter mile vs 4.8 0-60 and 13.3 @ 108 mph quarter mile for a Dodge Challenger SRT 8 and the 135 will run circles around the Dodge on a road course track. For example in Car and Driver's Lighting Lap the 135 did the lap in 3:13/78.3 mph versus 3:16.3/77 mph for the Dodge.

You know that is a GREAT idea for another subforum along the lines of whats cooking!!! I would be in it for sure:up

Yeah, it is how it is put down, weight, tires, gearing, ect... much more goes into a fast car and the numbers it can put out than simple horsepower ratings

Recently I had to buy a newer car since California added more smog tests that my old car could not pass. i just could not justify spending $500 on a car I paid $1500 for 5 years ago. So I have to cut expenses to cover some of the car payment. I dropped my XM radio sub on my work truck saving me $13 a month and I am considering dropping D in August when my contract is out . This will save me $83. I am thinking of getting an HD Tivo with lifetime service and a Netflix account for Blu-ray and streaming at a cost of $10 a month. With the XM and D going I would save $86 dollars a month and maybe I would get back to reading more instead of being a TV addict. The increases are pushing me closer to doing this.

I got one Question . Whats the price tag on that beemer???;)

Starts at $35,000 the dodge starts at around $42,000:) Personally, I would choose the Challenger in a heartbeat.

Edit: I had the 08 price for the SRT8 oops

Last edited:

Base price of the 135 is $35,850 which brings all of that performance. Options are for none powertrain stuff.

Base price of the Dodge Challenger SRT 8 is $42,245

And the 135 gets 3 mpg better gas mileage

Hmmm... better performance, better handling, better millage and cheaper price....:)

Depends on what performance you are looking for. The SRT will smoke it on top speed

Only because the 135 has a governor set at 143 mph...which is easy to find someone who will remove it which will allow the car to get to around 175-180 mph.

Apparently the SRT 8's top speed is "only" 168. So who is faster on top speed? 168 < 175

Only because the 135 has a governor set at 143 mph...which is easy to find someone who will remove it which will allow the car to get to around 175-180 mph.

Apparently the SRT 8's top speed is "only" 168. So who is faster on top speed? 168 < 175

Actually, the SRT has hit 177 or so in europe in a car mag. motor tren or car and driver. I will have to find it, as soon as I do, I will post the link. That is STOCK. We are not talking about what you can do aftermarket, or at least I did not think we were..

Edit: it was motor trend november 08. and it was 173. Stock. Do you have anything to prove the 135 will do 175-180?

Last edited:
Depends on what performance you are looking for. The SRT will smoke it on top speed
And has more room for the family. And my Charger SRT-8 cost $40,285 Fully Loaded. With 4 doors and Real seating for 5. .
The 2009 Charger SRT-8 ,I was Quoted a Price of $41,856 Fully Loaded as well.

And when your alternator goes ,or fuel pump,Clutch. Those cost of repairs are in the Thousands. BMW are nice . But your compairing, Plum to an apple. If you want to compair BMW's to a Charger or Challenger. Try M3 for the challenger,and a 5 series for the Charger. They are the same weight class ,and car class.
BMW 135 is in the WRX pocket rocket class.

Unless your BMW is more than 4 years, there are absolutely no costs for any maintenance or services. BMW is one of the few manufactures that have 4 year/50,000 free maintenance plans on all new cars. The only thing you will have to pay for is gas and tires. So over the first years of ownership between a 135 (or any BMW/Mini) the service cost will also be cheaper than your Dodge.

This is one reason why I lease my BMWs and get a new one every 3 years. I've not paid one cent for anything other than gas or tires since I got my first BMW in 2001. Even stuff like wipers, all fluids and brake jobs are free within the first 4 years.

Now I will grant that a BMW older than 4 years will get expensive to own. A brake job on the 545 I used to have would've cost $1,200 once outside the 4 year window. Again, this is why I lease them, not to mention cheaper monthly payments.

Ok, I will grant you that the 135 and the Dodges aren't competitors. I was just strictly talking about performance for the dollar comparisons. Not practical considerations. While the Dodges are more expensive than 135 base models (which include all of the performance) they are more practical for a family than a 135. And don't my take my talk of BMW as trying to put down your Dodges. They are great cars too. But I feel about BMWs they way you feel about Dodges.

For a more equal comparison Motortrend did recently compare a 135 to a Mitsubishi Evo and they like the 135 better.

Now if you want to compare the M3 to a Challenger, that's not really a valid comparison either. The M3's is in another world compared to the Dodges. The M3 will go 0-60 in 4.1 and qtr mile in 12.6 @ 113 mph and did Car and Driver's lightning lap in 3:06. About 10 seconds faster than the Dodge. But the M3 does cost a lot more than the Dodge so it should be a better performer. In various comparison tests, Car and Driver has recently picked the M3 over the Porsche 911 Carrera, Nissan GT-R, Porsche 911 Turbo, Lexus IS-F, Mercedes C63 AMG and Audi RS-4. IMO it's one of best cars in the world right now.

You mentioned the 5 series. While not as a good as a 3 series, an ungoverned but otherwise stock M5 with the 7-speed SMG can do 205 mph. Numerous videos on the Internet confirm that.

Last edited:
I've only had My Charger up to 155 mph on the track at Pocono . It would of went faster. But I got scared because I just did all my Tranny upgrades and I didn't want to Break it right off the bat.:)
According to Car and Driver My Charger STOCK runs 0-60 4.8 and goes 173 MPH.

So bring on that Yuppy Bemmer

Like I said before, removing the governor wouldn't be considered stock, but the powertrain is still stock. The cost of removing the governor will still have the base 135 cheaper than $40k.

BMWs, Mercedes and Audis have a "gentlemens" agreement to speed limit their cars to usually around 150-155. It's an outdated thing and they should get rid of them.

Like I said before, removing the governor wouldn't be considered stock, but the powertrain is still stock. The cost of removing the governor will still have the base 135 cheaper than $40k.

BMWs, Mercedes and Audis have a "gentlemens" agreement to speed limit their cars to usually around 150-155. It's an outdated thing and they should get rid of them.

Yeah, I never understood the speed limiting thing either, but that is how it has been done for years. I know it would be a simple thing to remove it though, just was not sure how fast that thing would go unkorked

You mentioned the 5 series. While not as a good as a 3 series, an ungoverned but otherwise stock M5 with the 7-speed SMG can do 205 mph. Numerous videos on the Internet confirm that.

Correct, a few years ago, the 5 series was the ultimate performance sedan. The 540 was ruthless for a non "performance" sedan. I do not like the redesigned versions nearly as much. The M variants are another story entirely. My new favorite performance division however is the V series from caddy. That new CTS is an absolute beast, and cost savings to boot. Given a few more years of refinement they will be up at the top of the game, and are very close now

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)