Cartoon Network West ch 297 Oct 8th

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I doubt they do the west feed in HD, the east feed is already HD.

Question is, has the ONLY Toons hd channel shown any hd at all??

I was hoping the new Star Wars series would be in hd. It premieres next Friday.

Would be nice...

if Directv would add the west coast feeds of the most watched channels...USA, FX, USA, SCI-FI, etc., ...then we'd have something to watch in the wee hours besides INFOMERCIALS :(

I think DirecTV is adding the west feed of the Cartoon Network because it is required to carry a certain percentage of kids channels based on the number of total channels that it carries. This, I believe, is why we have the west feeds for both The Disney Channel and Nickelodeon. Perhaps there are no other kids channels available out there, or maybe D* has no interest in what else is out there. So, in order to comply with the FCC regulation, it will offer the west feed of the Cartoon Network, essentially adding another kids channel to the lineup because of the three hour difference in programming. I do agree with levibluewa in that having additional west feeds would be a nice option to have. They could be offered as an additional tier, so that if you wanted the west feeds of the major networks you could get them if you were willing to pay extra. That would certainly separate D* from both E* and cable. (I know it would take up more bandwidth, but maybe as a tradeoff, D* could get rid of the many unpopular channels that are wasting bandwidth - I'm sure most of you know what they are).

They could be offered as an additional tier, so that if you wanted the west feeds of the major networks you could get them if you were willing to pay extra. That would certainly separate D* from both E* and cable. (I know it would take up more bandwidth, but maybe as a tradeoff, D* could get rid of the many unpopular channels that are wasting bandwidth - I'm sure most of you know what they are).

I believe that this would be against the rules that have been set for some time now, until the laws are rewritten I don't see this happening.
They are afraid that I will miss the local commercial and I would happen to go out to LA to get my groceries tomorrow.
This is what got DISH in trouble awhile back.

As for getting rid of some unpopular channels wasting bandwidth, you and I may not like it, but someone else may love the channel you want to get rid of.
Many of these unpopular channels are owned by the people that are giving you the channels you DO want and are required to show the unpopular ones if they want the good ones.

Jimbo

Maybe if providers like D*, E* and cable stood up to programmers by not allowing them to force carriage of crap channels, they might rethink their positions especially if they didn't have a conduit to show their programs. Let the crap channels fail. I think that if viewers had more of a say in what they want to pay for, such an outcome could happen and, at an acceptable carriage price.

I think DirecTV is adding the west feed of the Cartoon Network because it is required to carry a certain percentage of kids channels based on the number of total channels that it carries. This, I believe, is why we have the west feeds for both The Disney Channel and Nickelodeon.

They do it because kids channels are the highest rated cable channels. "Spongebob" is the highest rated show on cable TV. :rolleyes:
A west feed of the highest rated cable channel will get more viewers than an all-new channel no one has heard of.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)