Cascade Switches

Cascading is a method of combining switches to add an additional satellite feed by running a multi-dish switch's receiver output and the extra LNB through an SW21 or DP21.

Combining switches using the "additional switch" throughputs to add additional receivers is called TRUNKING.

hobojoe said:
shouldn't dish network make public there installation dish/switch calculator?
Yes, but it wouldn't be consistent with their current stance of discouraging self-installs. Try the EKB Switch Selector.
I'm requesting 2 dpp44's and 2 signal separators to use the vip622 on a single line.
You only need 1 separator for each dual tuner receiver, combining is done by the DPP switch.
and 2 dpp21's to add the dish300 to get sat 148west.
Again, the switch is called a DP21. It is not a Plus switch, there is no "DPP21." Also, if you intend to get 5 satellites on the 622 you won't be able to use the separator. You will have to take 2 receiver outputs from the DPP44 and cascade through 2 DP21s, running 2 lines to the 622. Or you could use the separator and only 4 sats on the 622, and add 148 to 2 single-tuner DishPro receivers.
and last but not least the dish1000+ info said it will work with the older 7100/7200 and then later says its not compatible with them. which is it? do i need the dp adapter?
The 7100 can handle only 3 satellites, in this case the ones connected to inputs 1-3 of the DPP44. It will not recognize any of the FSS slots (118.75, 105, 121) or IIRC 129, so put 118.75 on input 4. You won't need the DP adapter when connecting to a DP Plus switch with a DP receiver also connected.

:hatsoff: wow straight from the editor him self! i got to the bootom of that page and saw your the writer! very well done i think of it as a sister site to this one. i really wish dish had a class to teach installers all this. i would pay a couple houndred to learn it and get cert. but can't do this full time. think if a comunity collage came up with a class on all satellite technology's. wonder if you could get enough people? thanks for the info! i will have to see what they are willing to provide me with and then go from there. at least i know what i need to ask for now and have a better understanding.

Ok, I came across this thread because of the original question, can you cascade a DPP44 and a DP34? Then the discussion turned to trunking these switches.

The original quesetion is still unanswered, can you cascade the DPP44 and multiple DP34s to get additional satellite inputs (as many as 6)?

The VIP622 has slots for six satellites, but I know of no switch configuration that allows for 6 lnbs. You can cascade a DPP44 and multiple SW21s two get 5 locations. how do you get 6?

Jeff

interesting...wish i could have seen this post a couple days ago, as i just ran across a stituation where i needed some more outputs (not more sat inputs) and was usure if i could trunk the dp34 onto the dpp44. i did it and it worked fine, putting the dp34 last...
i could have used 2 dppsw44's but i figured...why use 2 expensive switches...

:) makes seance to me so far! and i now know i will use 2 dpp44's and power both of them. I'm going to run the lines all the way inside then make a little board to put the switches and grounding blocks on out of the elements! if you have the proper need can dish try and not give you 2 dpp44's. i have a 7100/7200/501/508/2-301's. they are bringing the vip622 and dish1000+. I'm requesting 2 dpp44's and 2 signal separators to use the vip622 on a single line. and 2 dpp21's to add the dish300 to get sat 148west. that's a lot of equipment. I'm shire i will have to be really nice to the guy to get it all. but am i in the right to get this, if it comes down to a pushing match? my programing is the platinum hd with locals, the super stations, all four distance network city's, the German channels, booth guides, and the dhpp. about $175.00 per month! is there another way it can be done that they will try? and is this the best solution? is running the vip622 on one line as good as running 2 separate lines? and last but not least the dish1000+ info said it will work with the older 7100/7200 and then later says its not compatible with them. which is it? do i need the dp adapter? the switch info says no. sorry for so many questions but its a complicated setup four 5Sat's and 8 tuners!

While using a DP21 after the 44 switch will technically add a 5th satellite, you will lose DPP features, and will have to run two lines to the receiver. What's on 148 that you want anyway?

Right now I have the 44 first but I tried the 34 first for over a year without problems. Must always have a receiver connected to the 34 to pass signal to the 44 though. What's the main reason why the 44 should be first?

From what I've been told by our training department, and the materials we get it's a long term stability issue, kind of like using twins with switches instead of duals. Twins have problems in the long term that duals don't. But, if If it works for you, great. It's probably just an over abundance of caution.

Insane Dish Hardware Upgrade via Phone Conversation?

Stupid Remote Question?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)