Casey Kasem retires after 39 years

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be honest, I didn't know he was still doing it either. I thought someone else took over years ago. Very recognizable voice though!

Kasey is a weekly staple for me, I listen to him every week on Sirius XM's 70's and 80's channels. (In fact its one of the things keeping me a subscriber to Sirius XM.)

I grew up with Casey and listening to his show takes me back, when its on and hes talking I can almost remember exactly where I was and memories from that time period.

Thanks Casey for all the memories!

I'll be honest, I didn't know he was still doing it either. I thought someone else took over years ago. Very recognizable voice though!

Ryan Secrest took over the American Top 40 a few years ago. Kasem was doing the American Top 20.

Kasey is a weekly staple for me, I listen to him every week on Sirius XM's 70's and 80's channels. (In fact its one of the things keeping me a subscriber to Sirius XM.)

I grew up with Casey and listening to his show takes me back, when its on and hes talking I can almost remember exactly where I was and memories from that time period.

Thanks Casey for all the memories!

Me too, although that might not even be enough to keep me subscribing for much longer.

In your best Casey Kasem voice - "I first heard this song while the wife and I were trying position #87 from the Karma Sutra back in 1966!"

I knew he was still kickin and had heard him not that long ago but I had thought he was doing this since the 50's. Well it's a sign of the times I guess and maybe he's gettin out while the gettins good considering that three or four people he probably knew have kicked the hollywood H in the last month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts