Status
Not open for further replies.

Cascade

Goose.
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jun 1, 2004
37.134004N 76.561779W
My wife said she could hear a cat when she was in the bathroom this morning.
I though she was hearing things until I heard it for myself, this cat seems to be crying from beneath the floor.

I'm too well-built* to get under the crawlspace and it's been there for a while now and cries every 10 mins or so, I haven't head it in the last hour which unnerving. If I move about the house to try to find exactly where it is, it stops.
I have a feeling it's the cat from across the road that sits under the rear wheels of the car every morning.

I don't want it to die under there, it'll stink the place up and besides, I love cats.

Any suggestions? I feel awful that the poor thing is trapped under there.

*fat/big-boned/lazy.

Can you find where it got in and place something there to lure it out?

Cascade said:
I'm too well-built* to get under the crawlspace

*fat/big-boned/lazy.

"lazy" :D

Does the cat keep you up at night?

BTW, hey BFG.

-- Matthew

Definitely got in via the crawlspace hatch, I tried tuna and it's still there.
I haven't hear it for a while so hopefully it found the way out, I'll give it 2 days and if I can't hear anything I'll board the crawlspace back up.

Well, if you didn't like cats, THEN I would suggest finding a seal that has developed a tasted for kitty blood. :D

Wow weird... yesterday morning I let the dogs out to pee and the cat ran out too. the dogs came back in but the cat being a cat wouldnt. So I left him out there... after a couple of hours I went to the door to see if he wanted to come in yet (He goes out a lot weird ass cat). He wasnt at the door so i figured hed come back when he was ready... though this was a first. Well I went and worked out and came back and hopped in the shower... I could hear this weird meowing coming from under the tub... so after i got out i decided to investigate... I grabed my flashlight and headed for the crawlspace... immediately noticed a new hole that our Fat cat could probably squeeze through. Well i opened up the door and low and behold our dumb cat is sitting under the drainpipe for the bathroom... not sure why... so I finally jsut went in there cornered him and brought him in. Dumb cat... but weird that he went under the house.

Call a pest removal service. Even though it may not be a "pest" per se, the methods to extract the cat/kitten would be the same.

Yeah "he" may have had kittens under there or something. I wouldn't board it up without making sure ....

And if it died under your house you will be smelling it in a few days! :) I hate animals that get under my house, I've had a cat that got under my house and I had to go in after it, I had to drag it out, it was scared for some reason.

I hate crawl spaces. Our house was actually a house, and an large addition. They knocked a hole in the foundation to connect the two crawl spaces. The crawl space is about 2 feet high.

Our cat got in there, and you could hear him and see him at the crawlspace 'window/vent' which was a slit about 2 inches tall placed all around the crawlspace.

So I got to go into there to get him. Got in the old section. Snaked through the hole between the old and new foundations (very small opening, not more that 30 inches across.

Did I mention I am a deathly afraid claustrophobic?

Anyway got in there, got over to him, grabbed him, started back, saw the ground move. Freaked me out. It looks like I disturbed a spider nest, and thousands of little red spiders are crawling all over the foundation walls by the hole.

Did I mention I hate spiders?

So I sat there in the crawlspace for an hour or longer, hoping the spiders would go away.

Did I mention it was 7pm when I did this?

So it was getting dark. I had no choice, I just went, since I could not see the spiders any longer, they couldn't hurt me, right? I just know there were thousands of them.

I still have chills 20 years later.

Cascade said:
Any suggestions? I feel awful that the poor thing is trapped under there.
*fat/big-boned/lazy.

Two quick options for you:

Option 1. In your Yellow Pages there is a whole section on animal removal services... ;)

Option 2. Call your local Animal Warden of your city/town or county. They usually help in situations like that ... for free. That's what I did when we discovered a new family of raccoons in our attic... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)