Caught in a Receiver Bind

wavester

Original poster
May 14, 2008
So I added a 211 to my account last November. I let my wife pressure me into doing it for her stupid sister (who no longer lives with us - thank god). So now I want to swap that receiver up to my bedroom and my new TV. I wanted a DVR so called to ask what it would take to get that new receiver swapped from a 211 to a 612. Been a customer for almost a decade now and my answer was 'Sucks to be you - you signed a new agreement so we basically don't have to do jack or squat - it will cost you $450 to outright buy that receiver'. So ya less than happy. Any suggestions?

So I added a 211 to my account last November. I let my wife pressure me into doing it for her stupid sister (who no longer lives with us - thank god). So now I want to swap that receiver up to my bedroom and my new TV. I wanted a DVR so called to ask what it would take to get that new receiver swapped from a 211 to a 612. Been a customer for almost a decade now and my answer was 'Sucks to be you - you signed a new agreement so we basically don't have to do jack or squat - it will cost you $450 to outright buy that receiver'. So ya less than happy. Any suggestions?

Pay Dish to activate the EHD feature ($40 I think?) for your 211, attach an external hard drive. Then you have a DVR.

So that is the crunchy I've been looking for. I have a 1gig HD I just bought to attach to my 722 downstairs. So you're saying if I pay the upgrade fee and plug it into the 211 it will suddenly act like a DVR and I can record and watch? If so most excellent (since I was already going to pay the $30 fee for EHD anyway)

If so most excellent (since I was already going to pay the $30 fee for EHD anyway)
Like said before, $40.00. BUT...be aware that EHD for a 211 will NOT be interchangeable with your 722. And if you want EHD on both receivers, you will have to pay $40.00 twice (the software format for 211 is completely different from the 622/722 in that it is writing directly to the EHD.

Like said before, $40.00. BUT...be aware that EHD for a 211 will NOT be interchangeable with your 722. And if you want EHD on both receivers, you will have to pay $40.00 twice (the software format for 211 is completely different from the 622/722 in that it is writing directly to the EHD.

Okay that is good to know and makes sense. Once I have a DVR upstairs it will free up a lot of recording space on my 722 thus making it unnecessary to have the EHD downstairs as well. So Dish's unwillingness to upgrade my received is actually a good thing for me as I'll save money in the long run (I was ready to pay another $3 a month for years). Thanks again.

Yes you can and with the external antenna connected to the 211, you can record one satellite channel and one antenna channel at the same time or watch one while the other is recording.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)