CBS all access

Bob Haller

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 11, 2003
pittsburgh pa
Can you pick the city your cbs feed comes from?

i love star trek, and refuse to pay 6 bucks a month just to see it, the new star trek series is supposed to streaming only after the first episode.

I get excellent OTA for all the network channels.

if i could select another city for all aceess it might make it more attractive

rose would probably like the new york feed since she lived there over 20 some years

Their website says 'local' CBS station.... I don't think you'll be able to select that local. When I tried to see if it was available here it wanted to use my iPad as a locater and then it said available. That said, it likes KPIX, The SF Bay Area CBS station which is my local CBS channel.

https://www.cbs.com/all-access/

Their website says 'local' CBS station.... I don't think you'll be able to select that local. When I tried to see if it was available here it wanted to use my iPad as a locater and then it said available. That said, it likes KPIX, The SF Bay Area CBS station which is my local CBS channel.

https://www.cbs.com/all-access/

I figured as much.

at 6 bucks they should let you pick your city:(

Bob if you have a main provider like Dish Network these app channels are all free as part of the main provider. Whatever you have subscribed to on Dish will get you the app for free.

Bob if you have a main provider like Dish Network these app channels are all free as part of the main provider. Whatever you have subscribed to on Dish will get you the app for free.

That doesn't apply to CBS All Access. It is a separate online SVOD offering with no ties to TV service subscriptions.

Anyone can view the last 5 broadcast episodes of CBS shows on the CBS website but anything else requires an All Access subscription.

Sent from my iPhone

That doesn't apply to CBS All Access. It is a separate online SVOD offering with no ties to TV service subscriptions.

Anyone can view the last 5 broadcast episodes of CBS shows on the CBS website but anything else requires an All Access subscription.

Sent from my iPhone

Thanks for the info. I didn't know there was a difference. I have apps for FOX, NBC, CBS, and ABC and they all required the Dish login to gain access. Last year I couldn't even do that as they only recognized DirecTV and Comcast and I had neither.

Of course I wouldn't pay $6 a month for "all access" one network since I have Dish locals and can stream with my Sling Box. The apps seem to have better compression and don't hesitate as much.

Next week I will be on Anthem of the Seas and it has the latest VOOM streaming wifi. Looking forward to testing that out. They claim Skype, Netflix, and Amazon video capability. We'll see...

This stuff keeps getting better every year/month. :)

I wish for the monthly fee they gave you access to the CBS Sports Network content. Most of my local college team's games (football and basketball) are carried on that channel, which is normally only available with a full cable or satellite package ($100+). I just cut the cord and switched to PS Vue, and watching my local college team's games is my only real sacrifice. Of course ideally, it would be nice if PS Vue added the channel, though I'd hate for them to add so many channels that the price keeps going up.

I wish for the monthly fee they gave you access to the CBS Sports Network content. Most of my local college team's games (football and basketball) are carried on that channel, which is normally only available with a full cable or satellite package ($100+). I just cut the cord and switched to PS Vue, and watching my local college team's games is my only real sacrifice. Of course ideally, it would be nice if PS Vue added the channel, though I'd hate for them to add so many channels that the price keeps going up.
They have this app for $9.95 per month
College Sports Live
http://www.collegesportslive.com/start/?

Reactions: Zookster
They have this app for $9.95 per month
College Sports Live
http://www.collegesportslive.com/start/?

Thanks for the heads up! This just may be the solution I need. Unfortunately, more than one reviewer in the Google Play store commented that it doesn't show games that are airing on the CBS Sports Network for some incomprehensible reason. I'll probably give it a try anyway once football season starts.

CBS All Access To Get Summer Reboot, Adding New Films And Shows Ahead Of Global Expansion

CBS All Access will get a significant reboot this summer, ViacomCBS CEO Bob Bakish told Wall Street analysts Thursday, with Paramount films and shows from Nickelodeon, BET and other networks joining the service.

The subscription offering will be rebranded and will also expand internationally in the next 12 months, Bakish said.
More than 100 library films from Paramount were added to All Access on Thursday, the company said after the earnings call

Reactions: ncted

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts