CBS all access

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
For anyone interested in pre-paying for a full year of CBS AA/Paramount+, you can get it for 50% off right now.

I essentially got this deal last year, so I guess I can't complain. I hope the AppleTV+/Showtime/CBSAA combo survives the transition to Paramount+

Reactions: Foxbat
This is almost AT&T-level marketing foolishness. They spent years building the CBS AA brand, and now they are going to rename it with the name of a studio CBS happens to own. Am I missing something?

Reactions: ncted
This is almost AT&T-level marketing foolishness. They spent years building the CBS AA brand, and now they are going to rename it with the name of a studio CBS happens to own. Am I missing something?

I think it's a good move to rebrand, even here in the US. The CBS brand is what? A basic broadcast network (which most can get free with an antenna) known for a bunch of procedural crime and medical shows that appeal mainly to older folks. (OK, CBS is also known for NFL and SEC football, and that's important.) But besides "CBS All Access" being a long, clunky name, it's just too limited to cover all the varied content that Paramount+ will house. Those Star Trek originals have nothing to do with CBS, nor do all the shows coming from the various Viacom cable nets. And the service should have a decent catalog of Paramount movies too.

I figured that if CBS and Viacom were to re-merge that CBS AA would expand and rebrand to something that didn't include the too-narrow CBS name. (I suggested months ago that maybe it would just become known as "All Access," although that's admitted too generic.) The whole "Plus" moniker is getting tired but I do think that using the well-known (yet sufficiently diffuse) Paramount brand name is the way to go.

Yep you're right! :facepalm I was thinking since it was on the Paramount network tv it was going to Paramount +. :facepalm:facepalm:facepalm:facepalm:facepalm

I wonder if the deal to stream Yellowstone on Peacock is exclusive or if it will stream on Paramount+ too? Because it kinda seems like an own-goal for the Paramount Network's sole original hit series to stream on a competitor's service rather than their sibling namesake streamer. How many folks will take a look at Paramount+ expecting Yellowstone to be there?

Speaking of Paramount Network, I think it's been pretty much orphaned by ViacomCBS now. It was launched to be their answer to FX (or, at least, USA or TNT), home to quality scripted original series and mini-series. But every series they launched on it has now been cancelled except its one big hit, Yellowstone. Outside of that show, it's just another space-filler channel on the cable dial with reality crap and reruns.

I think ViacomCBS is just going to plow whatever money would have gone into additional new original series for Paramount Network into Paramount+ instead. Which would make sense given that cable is dying and they need as many exclusive hits as possible to help Paramount+ survive the coming SVOD winnowing over the next couple of years...

I wonder if the deal to stream Yellowstone on Peacock is exclusive or if it will stream on Paramount+ too? Because it kinda seems like an own-goal for the Paramount Network's sole original hit series to stream on a competitor's service rather than their sibling namesake streamer. How many folks will take a look at Paramount+ expecting Yellowstone to be there?

Speaking of Paramount Network, I think it's been pretty much orphaned by ViacomCBS now. It was launched to be their answer to FX (or, at least, USA or TNT), home to quality scripted original series and mini-series. But every series they launched on it has now been cancelled except its one big hit, Yellowstone. Outside of that show, it's just another space-filler channel on the cable dial with reality crap and reruns.

I think ViacomCBS is just going to plow whatever money would have gone into additional new original series for Paramount Network into Paramount+ instead. Which would make sense given that cable is dying and they need as many exclusive hits as possible to help Paramount+ survive the coming SVOD winnowing over the next couple of years...
They were better leaving it as Spike, Or for you old folk, TNN, or for you older folk. The Nashville Network.

I have been leaning toward subscribing to CBS All Access for a while being I have got hooked on the Star Trek Discovery series. Will the past seasons still be on this as well as the Picard series? I have not watched the last Yellowstone series that I have recorded. Will there be another season?

What internet speed is required for this service? Will it be HD quality on my HDTV? I am guessing I would have to install the CBS/Paramount+ app onto my TV first. I have not done any streaming like this, so I am a little clueless. I stream Amazon Prime and I have Neflix, but this was through my Dish receiver. Would I sign up on my laptop and the log in on my TV?

Also is this a good deal and would you prefer commercials or commercials free?

Last edited:
I have been leaning toward subscribing to CBS All Access for a while being I have got hooked on the Star Trek Discovery series. Will the past seasons still be on this as well as the Picard series? I have not watched the last Yellowstone series that I have recorded. Will there be another season?

What internet speed is required for this service? Will it be HD quality on my HDTV? I am guessing I would have to install the CBS/Paramount+ app onto my TV first. I have not done any streaming like this, so I am a little clueless. I stream Amazon Prime and I have Neflix, but this was through my Dish receiver. Would I sign up on my laptop and the log in on my TV?

Also is this a good deal and would you prefer commercials or commercials free?
Yes. All seasons of Discovery as well as the first seasons of Picard and Lower Decks are available. Not sure about Yellowstone. It is on my list to try, but it is a long list.

You need at least 4Mbps download speeds to stream CBS AA from what I can find. That seems a bit low to me, but it is what CBS says here:

TV shows that are filmed in HD will be displayed in HD on your TV with this service. Star Trek Discovery and Picard will definitely be, but older shows like DS9 will not be since it has not been remastered in HD (yet -- maybe some day).

Yes, it is a good deal if you plan to watch for more than about 5 months. If you only think you'll watch it for a month or so, then not as good a deal.

To watch this service, you will need to install the app onto your SmartTV or a streaming device of some sort. What kind of TV do you have?

Yes. I recommend signing up on your computer and then login on on the TV app. Once you have signed up, open the app, and it will guide you through the login process. I find it easier to choose the "Login via computer" option as that doesn't require you to slowly enter your login info on the TV remote.

I personally recommend commercial-free, but that is a personal choice.

Reactions: Jimbo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts