CBS all access

this help?

The Paramount+ launch is still about a month way but it appears that it’s already doomed the CBS All Access and Showtime bundle available through Apple TV+.

In August 2020, Apple announced that subscribers to its streaming service (which is priced at $4.99 per month) could get both CBS All Access (without ads) and Showtime for $9.99 per month. The offer represented a 50% discount off the price for both services combined.

According to 9 to 5 Mac, that deal is no longer available through Apple TV, though existing subscribers still have access. The publication also reports that Paramount+ won’t be available as an Apple TV Channel.

That was one of the articles I saw. So they say no to Apple TV Channel, but Appleinsider says yes.

For whatever it’s worth the appleinsider article was posted later than the others. That was why I put it here.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: mackie99
I was thinking about subbing to CBS All Access, but never got around to it. Well, with the upcoming Paramount Plus deal at 50% going for $50 ad free for a year, I finally took it. I am into classic TV and I see they have Twilight Zone, Love Boat, I Love Lucy, the old Hawaii 5-0, etc. It will be interesting to see what the Paramount additions will be.

Reactions: Howard Simmons
What I find ironic is that there are lots of people that fled cable/sat because prices kept increasing, in large part because of sports they don't want.

And now the major streaming services are all working at signing up exclusive sports access deals to get people to want to subscribe to their streaming service.

Ultimately, CBS isn't providing enough reason to subscribe for a year. A handful of new shows of questionable value and a lot of old stuff just doesn't cut it. If they pull a coup and get EPL, then we can talk. Of course, I can't imagine EPL not coming with a price hike, as the cost of EPL rights has skyrocketed in the past couple of decades.

Reactions: ncted
What I find ironic is that there are lots of people that fled cable/sat because prices kept increasing, in large part because of sports they don't want.
Very true. The thing is, cable/sat are still getting more expensive too, PQ is now generally worse than it used to be and often worse than streaming equivalents, and there isn't good integration between the STBs and the OTT services that most people have a few of at any particular time in most cases. So, yeah, we might end up paying as much (I still don't, but it is close), especially if you keep a lot of active subscriptions, but we are paying for something significantly different, and arguably better, depending on what your priorities are.

The thing about streaming services, that a person can choose to sub to what they want. They are not dictated by a cable or satellite service, that they have to sub to a package even if there are a lot of channels they do not want. Plus with streaming, a person can easily go barefoot without paying for any service. Watch OTA, then add in Pluto, Xumo, STIRR, and other free services.

Reactions: Jhon69 and Zookster
The streaming services are just what the doctor ordered during the pandemic. While new content on broadcast and cable became increasingly scarce (including live sports for a time), signing up for some of these new streaming services at a great promo rate helped fill in the gaps with originals and access to deep catalogs. I've caught up with a number of shows via CBSAA, Peacock and HBO Max over the past year, and I'm currently enjoying binges of Person of Interest (HBO Max) and Yosemite (Peacock), which I missed when they originally aired.

The only complaint I have about the current streaming landscape is the disappearance of access to my RSNs.

Reactions: Howard Simmons
Virtually everything that is available on cable/sat is available with streaming. And other than sports, most is available without a live streaming service.

Want/need RSN’s? See AT&T TV where they are but at a price that may be more than you want to pay. For my sports needs for golf and boxing I’m kind of stuck with using a live streaming service, especially for weekday golf coverage. Some weekend golf coverage is on broadcast.

Scripted shows are almost entirely available on demand somewhere, some free, some with a minimal cost. Inane games shows and those lame reality shows are all out there too.

Virtually everything that is available on cable/sat is available with streaming. And other than sports, most is available without a live streaming service.

Want/need RSN’s? See AT&T TV where they are but at a price that may be more than you want to pay. For my sports needs for golf and boxing I’m kind of stuck with using a live streaming service, especially for weekday golf coverage. Some weekend golf coverage is on broadcast.

Scripted shows are almost entirely available on demand somewhere, some free, some with a minimal cost. Inane games shows and those lame reality shows are all out there too.
Almost everything, but there are a channel here or there that doesn't stream. But it is much better than even a year ago.

Almost everything, but there are a channel here or there that doesn't stream. But it is much better than even a year ago.

Yeah, it isn’t quite all of them. But often the content on those that don’t stream is available somewhere, you just have to figure out where.

We just finished The Stand which, I believe, was the first thing shown on CBSAA in 4K/HDR.

There were other shows in 4K HDR before The Stand.
I know Discovery and Picard were. I believe there were a couple of others as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts