CBS and NBC HD on Denver Locals?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

rockymtnhigh

Hardly Normal
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 14, 2006
Normal, IL
For the second weekend in the past month, Dish's Denver locals for CBS and NBC (6331 and 6332) are spitting out dolby digital audio and NO picture. Not sure when it started, but I went to watch the episode of Numb3rs recorded last night and got nothing but a blank screen. This happened a few weeks ago as well. The ABC and FOX affiliate, to the contrary, is fine.

I am curious if anyone else in the Colorado area is having this problem? And can replicate it. I emailed Dish the last time this happened, but never got a response. (No surprise there). But the problem seemed to go away eventually. I forgot about it until it came back today. It is really annoying.

Oh yeah, I am using a vip622 on a SuperDish.

Might be the 622. Yesterday while watching HD OTA my screen went blank - still had audio. Reboot fixed it.

I was thinking that could be the case - aseverything was fine yesterday.

And the most interesting thing was the problem was not just with the Denver OTA HD from 6331 and 6332 but with RECORDINGS on the DVR from those channels. The episode of Numb3rs recorded on Friday night did not work on Saturday; on Sunday, the episode played fine. A really strange glitch.

But thanks for the reply.

Obviously the 622 still has issues. Oh well, at least now I know how to deal with it.

I've had the same problems over the past two weeks with the 942 on both live and recorded content. Reboot works.

Funny thing is that I never usually have to reboot the 942. It has been suprisingly stable for the last year. I'm sure it helps that it normally reboots itself on a nightly basis.

I had a strange problem with my 942 yesterday. A couple days ago, I recording Kill Bill 1 & 2 during the Starz free preview. When I went to play them back, they worked fine on TV1, but with TV2, it was just a black screen when i tried to play them. Then I went to TV1, and tried them again to make sure they were still working. They were, so I left one of them still playing, and went to play the same one on TV2. It worked fine.

So for these two recordings, I had to first start playing them on TV1, and then on TV2. After I had started it on TV2, I could stop it on TV1 and do whatever I wanted.

Weirdest thing ever....

CBS and NBC are being converted from 1920x1080 to 1440x1080 on Dish. People have noticed problems on the Washington DC CBS and NBC being transmitted by Dish, and I'd have to guess something is going wrong in the encoders if the ABC and FOX stations are fine (those are 720p and not converted).

Best hope would be to email the ceo email address and hope they pass it along to the engineers.