CBS And Viacom Are Back!!!!!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

aperry

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 26, 2003
Your CBS and MTV Networks Are Back! Message from Charlie Ergen, CEO of DISH Network

Dear Loyal DISH Network Customers,

I am very pleased to announce that we’ve successfully reached a long-term agreement with Viacom to provide you with CBS and MTV Network channels including MTV, Comedy Central, and Nickelodeon. I am happy to say that this agreement will allow us to continue to provide you the lowest all-digital price everyday.

I understand that it has been a difficult 36 hours to be without these popular channels. We appreciate your patience, your support for DISH Network and your continued business.

As promised, you will receive a $1 credit on your next billing statement. In addition, we would like to thank you for all of your support by sending you a free DISH On Demand Pay-Per-View coupon that will allow you to view upcoming hits like “Cat in the Hat” and “School of Rock.” The coupon will arrive in your April billing statement. Enjoy a movie on us.

Everyone at DISH Network will continue to fight to provide the best possible programming and services at the lowest possible price, every day.

Thank you for your loyalty and thank you for being a DISH Network customer.

Charlie Ergen
CEO
DISH Network

He's right. I am watching Comedy Central now. The guide isnt updated, but the channels work.

I just checked and sure enough, programming is showing on Nick and MTV...

Pretty cool that we are gonna get $1 PLUS a free PPV movie!!!

Also... Viacom still has not removed their "cry baby" posts from their website.

It'll be funny if they have another day of full-page ads like today trashing Dish, now that they have a contract in place! :haha

I read somewhere that NickToons will be added this spring (and no, it was not the post directly above this one).

And that SpikeTV and (forget the other channel) had their contracts extended.

Let the record show this blackout lasted 46 hours and 10 minutes - plus another 15 minutes for the CBS outlets. By sheer happenstance I was witness to the return of BET as it just popped back on at 10:10 pm PT.

Life may now resume as normal. Prepare thy brackets.

Glad they did it so quick! Otherwise that lady that wrote in to the special Charlie Chat would have to make good on her threat to cancel her service.

She was extremely upset that she might miss Survivor!

looks like they both managed to save some face...

NEW YORK & ENGLEWOOD, Colo.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--March 11, 2004--Viacom (NYSE: VIA, VIA.B) and EchoStar Communications Corporation (Nasdaq:DISH) and its DISH Network today announced that they have reached a long-term, multi-channel agreement that provides for the satellite TV distribution of CBS, BET, and the MTV Networks channels previously carried by DISH Network.

"It's great to have our networks back in front of all our viewers, and to bring a new service, Nicktoons, to DISH Network subscribers," said Mel Karmazin, President and Chief Operating Officer of Viacom. "We apologize to our viewers for the disruption in their service, and want to thank them for their patience and support. We look forward to continuing to serve our viewers through DISH Network well into the future."

"This agreement with Viacom allows DISH Network to remain the lowest-cost, all digital TV provider in the country," said Charles Ergen, chairman and chief executive officer of EchoStar. "We understand that this has been a difficult few days for our customers, and we thank them for all the encouragement they have given us throughout. We also look forward to a long relationship with Viacom in which we can provide their quality channels to our viewers."

The multi-year agreement restores full service of CBS in 16 markets as well as Comedy Central, MTV, MTV2, Nickelodeon, Noggin, GAS, VH1, VH1 Classic, MTV Espanol and BET in all markets. Additionally, the agreement extends the term of the carriage for CBS HD (East and West) channels, as well as Spike TV, CMT and TV Land. DISH Network will also launch Nicktoons on its America's Top 180 package this spring.

As part of the agreement, Viacom and DISH Network have settled all litigation between the two companies

aperry said:
Glad they did it so quick! Otherwise that lady that wrote in to the special Charlie Chat would have to make good on her threat to cancel her service.

She was extremely upset that she might miss Survivor!

Is that the same lady that has the class action lawsuit?? :shocked

I don't know. On the Charlie Chat, they read the letter, and I don't recall anything about a class-action lawsuit...

mboy said:
Shouldn't this be glued to the top of the forum page?
Nah. I'll enjoy watching people continue to bitch, moan, and complain as they just jump on the bandwagon of people bitching, moaning, and complaining.

Pardon the newbiesque question, but isn't it fair to say that Ergen won? How does this really affect my rates?

Frankly, they could have gotten rid of all the Viacom channels for all I care. I didn't miss them.

And how will this affect future negotiations with other companies?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts