CBS Football HD

ClevelandRob

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 14, 2006
I know this is slightly off-topic.. but does anyone know if ALL CBS NFL games will be in HD this season. I know FOX does them all. I thought I heard that CBS would start doing them all in HD this fall, but I haven't seen or heard anything and the CBS site offered no help.

The Cleveland Browns only had a few games last year in HD. :(

Thanks.

ClevelandRob said:
I know this is slightly off-topic.. but does anyone know if ALL CBS NFL games will be in HD this season. I know FOX does them all. I thought I heard that CBS would start doing them all in HD this fall, but I haven't seen or heard anything and the CBS site offered no help.

Thanks.

ClevelandRob,

No, CBS does NOT have the resources to do all their Football games in HD. Each Week CBS will carry Three games in HD.

Fox does most of their games in HD but I don't believe every game on FOX is HD.

John

ClevelandRob said:

Thanks.

This taken off of AVS.
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=709810&highlight=nfl+on+cbs+in+hd

From last February:

My sources at CBS say the NFL contract requires all HD by the 2009 season.

CBS will most likely remain at 3 NFL games in HD per week in 2006, while rebuilding its HD infrastructure at its Broadcast Center in NY. At the same time they will be working on other HD projects as well, then begin ramping up NFL in 2007 by at least one game each Sunday each year until all are in HD in 2009.

As attractive as the NFL in HD is to CBS, they want to remain broadly diversified in their HD offerings, in order to appeal to the broadest possible audience. Examples include other sports throughout the year, more and more 5.1 in prime, soaps, Grammys, etc.

This will be my first year with the East and West CBS hd feeds and our local is not broadcasting in HD. What can I expect to see as far as NFL on the satellite feeds? Will the games be available to me or will they be blacked out all of the time or only blacked out when the home team does not sell out?

The only real reason that I wanted these HD feeds was for football and other sports.

If you are not in the local market, those game may be blacked out (strange since sd channels will not black out the games). The Nationally televised games should be ok, and these will probably be the ones in HD.

At least this was my take on the NY sd and HD cbs from last season.

just a question but on direct tv's sunday ticket i think ive heard that all the games are in hd, are they acually broadcasted in hd or just all upconverts?

jgags6 said:
just a question but on direct tv's sunday ticket i think ive heard that all the games are in hd, are they acually broadcasted in hd or just all upconverts?

The Sunday ticket has up to 3 CBS HD games and up to 6 FOX HD games a week on Sundays. I say 'up to' because 1) whatever games are showing in your local market are blacked out on Sunday ticket and 2) Fox can vary from 4-6 HD produced games a week (seems like it always a game or 2 less in October during the MLB Playoffs).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)