CBS HD and NBC HD blackout at latenight?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Doppy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 24, 2006
My CBS HD and NBC HD channels have been blacking out for the past 3 days at any time between 12:35-12:45 and stay blacked out until I have no idea when. Right after Leno and Letterman air in HD. I love the Conan O'Brien show, but now I haven't been able to watch it in HD. :( Is this occuring for everyone's CBS and NBC HD channels or just for Dish customers OR is this only happening to me?

If people in the eastern time zone can check right now and just tell me if the channel is working for them, if not I think I might just give Dish a call.

Doppy, do you know the call letters of your NBC and CBS affiliates? That would help us help you.

Right now, my NBC affilaite has Conen in HD and our CBS affiliate is showing the "Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson" in SD.

Last edited:
I'm assuming the call letters are the names of the channels in the guide? I live in New York so they would be: WNBC, WCBS and now for the first time my FOX HD is also blacked out, which is WNYW.

Sorry, I'm about 850 miles west of that, so I can't comment on what NYC OTA channels are doing. If you are getting your HD Locals from Dish, then I would call them. There is an HD Technical option when going through the phone menus, but I don't remember the numbers right off the top of my head.

The same thing is happening on D* for CBS HD NY, at least on the MPEG2 feed, that I started noticing this week.
(actually it's not blacked out, but D* has the screen put up saying they are aware of the technical difficuties & to not call them - they have it fixed soon.

I remember reading somewhere else awhile back that those HD locals were going off-air for maintenance purposes, while the SD feeds were NOT.

Well I called them last night and they told me they are aware of the problem and were trying hard to get it back. I asked when would it be back? Early morning... yup just like it comes back every early morning. It happened again tonight so I it seems like they aren't actually fixing it and like you said it is some sort of maintenance. I'll have to call back again and HOPEFULLY they will tell me the truth that they are taking it down intentionally instead of saying its a problem.

And if it is intentionally, we all have to make some calls to them to get them to move the maintenance back an hour or so, at least until all the HD programs are off the air damnit.

WNBC and WCBS in HD occasionly black out at late night, what can be done?

I bring your attention to this really old topic I can't reply in anymore: http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-network-forum/74823-cbs-hd-nbc-hd-blackout-latenight.html

Wow, a year and a half later they are still doing this crap. They blacked out WCBS and WNBC tonight at 12:37 and around 12:50 respectively. Why can't they just wait til all the HD content is off the air before they do this? Even the Late Late Show looks alot worse on the analog WCBS.

Is there anything that can be done? I remember calling them about this last year and it led to nothing.

I bring your attention to this really old topic I can't reply in anymore: http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-network-forum/74823-cbs-hd-nbc-hd-blackout-latenight.html

Wow, a year and a half later they are still doing this crap. They blacked out WCBS and WNBC tonight at 12:37 and around 12:50 respectively. Why can't they just wait til all the HD content is off the air before they do this? Even the Late Late Show looks alot worse on the analog WCBS.

Is there anything that can be done? I remember calling them about this last year and it led to nothing.

??? which nights. I checked last night and saw programming.

It was last night, all throughout Ferguson and after Conan's monologue. Were you watching at this time or later? I don't know if it ever came back later.