CBS-HD East moving to channel 9483 on April 14th

Bogney

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 9, 2003
My 921 displays the following information:

"On 4/14 the channel will move to 9483. The signal will change. Your equipment may need an upgrade."

Interesting...

9483 is CBS-HD on the 105 bird. However, 105 isnt strong enough to cover the whole US. So if you have CBS-HD and are in the Minneapolis DMA...it won't work, as 105 doesn't cover MN.

I do not think that there were any Superdishes shipped to customers to receive 105. I just think they are going to convert CBSHD to 8PSK and use different transponder.

Ok,
So what does this mean to me? I have CBS-HD and dish 500. I can't remember which sats I get but is 105 standard for dish 500?

CKNA said:
I do not think that there were any Superdishes shipped to customers to receive 105. I just think they are going to convert CBSHD to 8PSK and use different transponder.

The DMA's with locals on 105 are receiving superdishes configured for 105. I've had mine since the beginning of February to receive Baltimore locals. My install date was rescheduled several times from the original early December date. When the installer finally came out, he did admit that superdishes were in short supply and most were being reserved for new customers.

metallicafreak said:
Ok,
So what does this mean to me? I have CBS-HD and dish 500. I can't remember which sats I get but is 105 standard for dish 500?

If you have CBS-HD then you either have another dish aimed at 61.5 or 148 or you have an antenna hooked up that gets your local CBS-HD channel. You can't get CBS-HD with just a Dish500.

I currently get the CBS east coast feed in the 7000's (not HD) on my superdish. Do you think I will automatically get the HD feed in the 9000's in April? When I originally qualified & signed up for CBS last month, I was told that it was HD, of course that was wrong, but I just kept the channel since it was $1.25/month.

Bogney said:
My 921 displays the following information:

"On 4/14 the channel will move to 9483. The signal will change. Your equipment may need an upgrade."

This sounds like they are going to change the signal to 8PSK. Your 921 has it built in already. Older 6000s may need an additional module added. 5000 owners are SOL.

9483 is the channel number for CBS-HD on the 105 satellite, but it has never been sent down. I'll bet they are going to move the channel over to 61.5 and free up the transponder on 105.

I get my CBS-HD from the 148 bird and I haven't seen anything yet about changing to 8PSK modulation, but I expect it any day now all things considered.

So what happens to those of us that have some locals (Atlanta) on 61.5 and now have the requirement of CBS-HD East on 105? Will Dish supply a new dish or what? That will make a total of 4 dishes for me...

Are we sure that 9483 will be broadcast from the 105 location?

The Big Wood said:
So what happens to those of us that have some locals (Atlanta) on 61.5 and now have the requirement of CBS-HD East on 105? Will Dish supply a new dish or what? That will make a total of 4 dishes for me...

Are we sure that 9483 will be broadcast from the 105 location?

NO we don't know yet.
Has anybody with a receiver other than a 921 seen this message??

Since the DP44 isnt available yet (and 105 doesnt cover the whole US), Dish would commit ritual suicide if they move CBS-HD to 105.

Iceberg said:
NO we don't know yet.
Has anybody with a receiver other than a 921 seen this message??

Since the DP44 isnt available yet (and 105 doesnt cover the whole US), Dish would commit ritual suicide if they move CBS-HD to 105.

The last official word on this was that the CBS-HD stations would remain on 61.5 and 148. Dish may choose to duplicate HD east at 105 but it will also remain on 61.5 for the foreseeable future.

NightRyder

As I write this, both 9453 AND 9483, CBSHD(East), are being tranmitted on 61.5 at Tp 20.

My guess is 61.5 and 105 will both transmit 9483 8PSK and drop 9453, and 148 and 105 will both transmit 9484 CBSHD(West) 8PSK and drop 9454.

yea its just so they dont need to have a wing sat for those who already have a superdish setup since the dpp44 is taking forever like everything dish has done lately and probley cause of those people who have superdish for locals and got the 811 for there new sign up it kinda makes sense to me atleast

Scott Greczkowski said:
Yes it wil be in 8PSK, we here at SatelliteGuys notified everyone about this a little over a month ago. :)

Thanks Scott,

So this message has nothing to do with SuperDish/105 (just a transition to 8PSK)?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)