CBS HD install question

oucory

Original poster
Jul 31, 2005
I had dish installed and now have 2 dish 500's installed. I was told I would be able to get cbs hd with this install. I also have voom which works but cbs hd does not show up. Dish reps says it is on and I should be getting it, but I don't think the installer pointed the dish to the right sats to receive it....

Right now I get signals on 110 119 and 129.. He installed 2 dish 500's one with two lnbs and the other with one.. and a DP34 switch (I think) What do I need to do to get cbs hd working? Thanks

I have a , 301 an 811 and a 625 if that matters thanks

oucory said:
I had dish installed and now have 2 dish 500's installed. I was told I would be able to get cbs hd with this install. I also have voom which works but cbs hd does not show up. Dish reps says it is on and I should be getting it, but I don't think the installer pointed the dish to the right sats to receive it....
Right now I get signals on 110 119 and 129.. He installed 2 dish 500's one with two lnbs and the other with one.. and a DP34 switch (I think) What do I need to do to get cbs hd working? Thanks
I have a , 301 an 811 and a 625 if that matters thanks
Where are you located? What are you looking for, CBS-West or CBS-EAST in HD? I'm trying to figure out what the installer was doing if he used two Dish 500's to get 110/119/129. It should have been a Dish 1000 at 110/119/129 and a Dish 500 at 148 if he knew beforehand that CBSW-HD was authorized, or at 61.5 if CBSE-HD was authorized. Do you have a waiver for CBS-HD?

Last edited:
No waiver needed. We are in a rural area and are able to get distants etc.. without a waiver...

We were told by the Dish people we were eligible for either HD so I don't think it matters. east or west...

I believe dish is sending a tech out to see whats up.... All of our signals are low in the 40-60 range on all sats so something is screwed up...

Yeah, those are low signals. But if all you can see is 110/119/129, you won't get CBS-HD. At least for now. Maybe after 1FEB06, if you have MPEG-4 receivers.

Did the installer make sure to have cbs-hd activated? Just because you are entitled to it does not mean that it is automatically turned on. I was told I was entitled to it three years ago, but still had to have it turned on. CSR had to check with superior twice before I got it. You would only see the channel on 811.

Last edited:
BE VERY CAREFUL when you call a Dish CSR to activate CBS-HD. The gal I spoke with said "we have you listed with a Dish 1000" and proceeded to tell me how i couldnt get it. I informed her that I did have that, but couldnt get 129, so I switched to a Dish500 plus a dish pointing at 61.5. Two days later, after CBS was turned on, my account showed $450 of hardware and install services added. So just make sure you watch your bill closely.

My understanding is that they have to go through a process of adding the new hardware/install services to your account, and then remove them, in order for their system to allow you to change your dish configuration (at least thats what one of the english speaking tech guys told me). He said it appeared the gal that signed me up didnt quite get the reversing entry done right, which is why I got hit with equipment/install upgrades.

Kirby Baker said:
BE VERY CAREFUL when you call a Dish CSR to activate CBS-HD. The gal I spoke with said "we have you listed with a Dish 1000" and proceeded to tell me how i couldnt get it. I informed her that I did have that, but couldnt get 129, so I switched to a Dish500 plus a dish pointing at 61.5. Two days later, after CBS was turned on, my account showed $450 of hardware and install services added. So just make sure you watch your bill closely.
My understanding is that they have to go through a process of adding the new hardware/install services to your account, and then remove them, in order for their system to allow you to change your dish configuration (at least thats what one of the english speaking tech guys told me). He said it appeared the gal that signed me up didnt quite get the reversing entry done right, which is why I got hit with equipment/install upgrades.

I had the same sh*t happen with E*. I activated a 508 on my Wisconsin address (cabin in woods) and they charged me 199 for a superdish (milwaukee locals). I had to call to tkae it off the bill, I installed the superdish my self!!! I am a dish subcontractor and paid for the sd my self!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts