CBS - Local Affiliate ACM Awards Glitch

Mike_H

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 8, 2003
Twin Cities, MN
On my 622, picking up the local CBS affiliate in both HD and on the Standard channel is showing a distinct line on the image. More obvious on the HD version. The line runs from left to right across the screen and is about half way down on the picture. It only shows up when there is motion.

During this motion, the line is like a place where the image is cut in two, and one piece is slightly shifted left.

Called Dish, got into Tech with someone I could hardly understand, and who kept asking me questions trying to guess at what my problem was before I stopped her and asked if she just wanted me to tell her what was wrong.

haven't seen the same behavior on the 510 receiver for that channel. The tech had me reset and their trouble tree then says tell engineering to take a look at it. So that's what they are gonna do.

My son said the channel just changed to a non-wide screen version. And in the time I started typing this to being done, he said it now looks like things are fixed.

oh well.

Anytime there is a "glitch" of any kind and any channel, too many people assume it's Dish's fault, never taking into consideration the original source.

Anytime there is a "glitch" of any kind and any channel, too many people assume it's Dish's fault, never taking into consideration the original source.

Hmm, you didn't read this fully then.

The issue was only apparent on the 622 receiver. The 510 didn't show it on the Wcco SD channel, but the 622 was showing it both on the SD and the HD version of that channel. Why, I dunno, but it was obvious that Dish did something, and then it was fixed. For all I know they may have pushed an instruction down to my 622, and it had nothing to do with the data stream.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts