cbshd

cdprayor

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 16, 2004
Before I had my local channels I had both LA and Chicago locals.I did qualify for cbshd but they wanted $100 to install a dish.Now I have the dish.If I in someway get the LA distant locals again can I get cbshd?Or is it possible just to get cbshd without getting the distant pkg?I don't know all the fcc rules and whatever about all this

No. You must be in one of the 17 markets in which CBS owns and operates its own affiliate. These markets are Austin, Baltimore, Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Denver, Detroit, Los Angeles, Marquette, Miami, Minneapolis, New York, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco, and Green Bay.

Otherwise, you have to get a waiver from your local CBS affiliate.

If you qualify for distant nets, YES you can get CBS-HD.

Free if you subscribe to the distants, $1.50 if you don't.

n0qcu said:
If you qualify for distant nets, YES you can get CBS-HD.

Free if you subscribe to the distants, $1.50 if you don't.

...which he doesn't. In other words...

"No. You must be in one of the 17 markets in which CBS owns and operates its own affiliate. These markets are Austin, Baltimore, Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Denver, Detroit, Los Angeles, Marquette, Miami, Minneapolis, New York, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco, and Green Bay.

Otherwise, you have to get a waiver from your local CBS affiliate."

cdprayor said:
Before I had my local channels I had both LA and Chicago locals.I did qualify for cbshd but they wanted $100 to install a dish.
Re-read what he said. He had distants before he got locals. He must have quallified and STILL would. Local avalability does not affect quallifucation for distants.

He qualified because his locals were not available. Now, he has Lubbock locals so how could he qualify?

You're not listening. Locals being or not being available has absolutly NOTHING to do with qualification for distants. If you do not get at least a grade b signal over the air you qualify to get distants even if you get your locals.

I had LA locals until last Thursday in which I cancelled them.Today after the install I called to cancel Chicago locals.I had both Lubbock and Chicago for most of the day until I cancelled Chicago.When I go to the dishnetwork site and go into my account.I look in add programming.From there in the locals section it says my address eligible for 2 distant network pkg's.LA,Chicago,NewYork,Atlanta.$5.99 a month.Underneath that it says I am eligible for Distant Networks A La Carte. Shows a box for abc,nbc,cbs,and fox for the above cities for $1.99 a month.Above all of this it has Lubbock with a red x next to it stating that I already have this.What if I choose the cbs Distant Network A La Carte for LA nd get it?Would it be hd??

That might be a remnant of the fact that, up until last week, your locals weren't available. Until August, my city didnt have a CBS affiliate on DISH so I qualified for distant CBS. Now, we have a local CBS affiliate on DISH but it still says I qualify for distant CBS. However, upon inquiry, although it says I do, I can only get WB and UPN distants.

All you should need to do is call tech support (don't call a regular CSR) and request that they turn on CBS-HD.
You may need to tell them which. I don't know which CBS Sat you can see.
East is on 61.5
West is on 148

Called tech support and I now have cbshd west feed for free.Said it would be $1.50 a month put on hold and she came back and said it was free.Thanks alot guys for the help!!!The more hd...the better

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts