CE software update

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jappleboy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 20, 2006
Ok been trying for three weeks to download CE on Friday or Sat, nights. The last update was 5/18. I have been doing the down load for two years. I have a HR-44. This all started the same time my recording got lost in space and that still going on.

What software version are you running? Press and hold the info button.

There is an issue with the remote -- not having a HR44, I don't know the details, but it has something to do with the remote mode - being IR or RF.

So what do i do to get an update. I have tried both remotes, When was the last major update.

So what do i do to get an update. I have tried both remotes, When was the last major update.
What do you mean you have "tried both remotes"? Exactly what are you doing? The last major update was last week, it corrected the deletion problem, and everyone has it by now. But the problem is, if you keep trying to load software and get test CE software, you won't get any of the regular updates because the CE software has a higher release number.

Ok my last update with any updates was 5/18 (0x8b4). So you are telling me the last CE update was 5/18 (0x8b4). On Friday night and on Saturday night 1am I do all my CE updates. So what was the last update number for a HR44. A and yes i have tried TWO remotes RC71 and to make sure theRC64RB. (PS) I do know how to do the CE been doing it for two years 02468 THANK YOU

08BF should be the latest for the Genies, it's what my HR34 got last week, try waiting after the Genie comes back to life (light comes on) for a second or two then starting the 02468 sequence, I've found with my 34 I have to "delay" or it won't grab the CE like my HR20 & HR24's.

AFAIK, the last CE release for the 44 is: 0x08bf

The last National version is: 0x0870. This fixed the auto delete issue.

If you were on a CE from May, you should have received the last NR version since it is newer. Maybe it's an issue with the receiver not seeing the signal correctly.

More CEs are expected for all H/HR receivers this week.

AFAIK, the last CE release for the 44 is: 0x08bf

The last National version is: 0x0870. This fixed the auto delete issue.

If you were on a CE from May, you should have received the last NR version since it is newer. Maybe it's an issue with the receiver not seeing the signal correctly.

More CEs are expected for all H/HR receivers this week.

No, 0x8b4 is a NEWER release than 0x870 which is why the OP did not receive 0x870. In the hexadecimal system b is larger than 7.
Problems with downloading to the HR44 are usually as dfergie says if you rush the start of the sequence. I don't have a problem with my RC71 either in RF or IR.

08BF should be the latest for the Genies, it's what my HR34 got last week, try waiting after the Genie comes back to life (light comes on) for a second or two then starting the 02468 sequence, I've found with my 34 I have to "delay" or it won't grab the CE like my HR20 & HR24's.
I delay slightly longer with the 44 as well.

It go right to the starting your setup.The minute the blue light come on the HR44 i push the buttons both fast and slow no luck . This all started back when i started losing recording.I have learn how to get past losing recordings only certain channels seem the have problem (NATGEO HISTORY DISCOVRY).Never a news channel i record abc news and fox and 530.So i go to recorded history right to the recorded news then to a live show and it works.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)