CE Suggestions!?

smyrna

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 7, 2008
West Bumble, GA
Can we ask for features here too?

If so it would be really nice if we could change the font size on the guide. i would prefer a setting for smaller fonts like i can with my E* 622. I prefer to see actual titles like
"The Simpsons" "Eli Stone" Boston Legal"
instead of
"The Sim...." and "Eli Sto..." and "Boston ..."

Also instead of having to setup a favorites list make it so we could set the default guide to be HD only like the E* 622 also

How about making it as good as TIVO. Then they would have something.

DLB would just be a start. Guide data that works and actually gives you some good info, fix the blank recordings, fix the trickplay issues...I could go on and on...but NOOOOO they are intent on introducing NEW features that won't work as-sold to customers. I spent six months looking for the DVR that they told me was better than my TIVO. I never found it.

Meh. Glad I got rid of them. No better than cable. :down

How about making it as good as TIVO. Then they would have something.

DLB would just be a start. Guide data that works and actually gives you some good info, fix the blank recordings, fix the trickplay issues...I could go on and on...but NOOOOO they are intent on introducing NEW features that won't work as-sold to customers. I spent six months looking for the DVR that they told me was better than my TIVO. I never found it.

Meh. Glad I got rid of them. No better than cable. :down

Stogie,
Sorry you've had so much trouble ....
Of the things you've mentioned above :
Guide data that works and actually gives you some good info, fix the blank recordings, fix the trickplay issues.

My guide works GREAT, it's one of the reasons I have D*, because the guide works so well. The local cable works so poorly I refuse to even think about it.

I've always had good info in the guide description
Never had a blank recording unless I recorded the wrong channel.
Sorry, my trick play works pretty well too.
I'm not anal like some over at the other site, if my :30 sec skip/slip actually does :32 sec's, so be it.

Jimbo

I want the ablity to Not be restricted to recording two things at once. If I want to record two sat channels and an OTA channel at the same time, I should be able to do so. Also, I would request PIP.

Bob, originally when the designed the box they inded to have the sat & ota tuners recordable at the same time (up to 3 or 4). THe first version of the HR20 manual even referenced 3 recordings at once (I have 3 copies of this manual).

If I remember right, when they launched OTA (five months after the HR20 launched) they found the processor could not handle the load of 3 HD recordings and doing playback, so they never went there.

It would be nice, but we'll never see it, especaily considering the HR21 works to move away from OTA (excluding the add on box).

I would like see more info for descriptions in the guide. I know E* has first air date and longer descriptions, which I miss.

I'm not sure if that would be software enhancements or if it is a limitation from their data provider, but it would be nice.

PIP would be cool too, but I've heard no talk of it coming. We'll see multi-room viewing as the next big thing (I think) since VOD is getting solid & rolled out.

I'll second that request. I posted here earlier that the guide could contain much more data on screen (more channels and a longer time span). Given it can take a half hour+ to scroll though D*'s listings it would be a welcome change. In HD it's just a bigger version of the guide optimized for little SD displays.

I miss the Voom guide. That was optimized for HD displays.

Funny how many suggestions sound like DISH's current software on the 622/722 dvrs. IF we could just get some of the same software on DISH's dvrs added to the Directv dvrs we would have the best of both services. By the way I am loving the lightening fast video on demand features that Directv has . Makes DISH's online look like a big joke.

OH big one.... I want to maunally have the ablity to scan in ota channels and show an ota signal bar at the top of the banner when it displays. I hate having to wait for D* to add in subchannels.

OH big one.... I want to maunally have the ablity to scan in ota channels and show an ota signal bar at the top of the banner when it displays. I hate having to wait for D* to add in subchannels.

Goalie,
The ability to scan OTA channels would be a great improvement.
Throw up an OTA antenna and you'll be good to go as far as the sub channels are concerned.

Jimbo

Goalie,
The ability to scan OTA channels would be a great improvement.
Throw up an OTA antenna and you'll be good to go as far as the sub channels are concerned.

Jimbo

Jimbo, I do have OTA antenna up. What I meant by that is, WYCC a while back launched a new subchannel. It took D* like 2 months to add it to their records before it showed up in my D* guide. Where as my tv was catching it from its PISP data.

Jimbo, I do have OTA antenna up. What I meant by that is, WYCC a while back launched a new subchannel. It took D* like 2 months to add it to their records before it showed up in my D* guide. Where as my tv was catching it from its PISP data.

Hmmmm, thats interesting...
I never considered that it had to be on D*'s list if it originally came from my antenna ...

Jimbo

Those initials are one think I was not looking forward to seeing pop up any time soon in the CE area....ugh.

Anyhooo....There will be a few CEs tonight.

Yeah, I figured it might not be 100% welcome but once you've had it, to not have it blows. I know about the work around but its not a real solution.
Also some OTA improvements would be nice (Or how bout Rochester HD lil!). Old HR10-250 OTA tuner is rock solid, HR20-100 is great except for 2 locals, 13.1 and 13.2(ABC and CW) I have reverted to using the old HD Tivo unit for ABC OTA.

As long as we are making a wish list: PiP, PoP, 3 or 4hr Guide Data with at least 3 more channels per screen, ability to permanantly change the order of the recorded list, be able to record 2 sats, ota and DOD at the same time. Be able to cycle through favorites list with one button.

Ability to choose wether or not titles are hidden with parental control. A sub menu when deactivating parental control that lets you select "unlock program, ulock all or unlock 4 hours" without clicking down through the menu.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)