CE Updates

Well, although I like to live on the edge, my wife would not be a happy camper if something went wrong. When the wife is not happy, well....no on is happy! ;-)

Just for the heck of it, how often do problems arise that cannot be fixed? Also, if an update is bag, can you easily, if at all, go back to the "old" update?

It is very rare to have a major issue after an update. You can always force a download of the national release any time out side of the CE window.

I have been doing this for awhile now, and I haven't had any big problems. Directv test them before they are a CE to help eliminate those problems.

You always go back to a National Release!!
mjmsr53,
We are the second phase of testing .... this is all about testing beta software so that D* can make it stable enough to deliver it to everyone.

Eventually the masses get what we trouble shoot.
I've been doing the CE since the beginning with very few issues to speak of.

Jimbo

Well, although I like to live on the edge, my wife would not be a happy camper if something went wrong. When the wife is not happy, well....no on is happy! ;-)

Just for the heck of it, how often do problems arise that cannot be fixed? Also, if an update is bag, can you easily, if at all, go back to the "old" update?
That's why you wait for the 2nd night to get it or not get it. If everyone that gets it on a friday night is complaining or locking up you can skip it saturday night. :D

I got to be honest, thats the way I have been doing it too.

If there are no complaints after the first nights downloads I will hop on it, but if there are issues I will sit it out and wait.

To play devil's advocate here.. if everyone waited.. this program wouldnt serve it's purpose. Maybe we shouldnt encourage this.

Agreed! I've been doing CEs for quite a while and never had a problem that couldn't be solved by a revert to the national release and I've only done that a couple times.

I've downloaded every CE for my HR20's the first night available and have had very little issues.
Someone has to do it the first night, I know there are others as well as we (alot of us) post when we start downloading ...

Jimbo

Curious about how to get the CE updates?

Although I am a newbie, I am interested.

Please advise,
Mike
I've been doing CE on my DVRs for over a year.

I currently have three DVRs on CE firmwares.

I always do the download on Friday night.

I enjoy the process and don't mind testing and posting about what I've seen.

I would suggest that you try it out and see how it goes. Then decide what you're comfortable with.

Read the rules and the release notes and give it a go. ;)

Mike

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)