Ceil II spotbeam patterns?

Jerryinvirginia

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 16, 2005
Remember a link, a while back, that displayed the coverage area of the spotbeams on Ceil II. Would someone direct me to that link? Thanks:)

Tried the site you suggested, but didn't list all available and active spotbeams. The site that was linked showed all spotbeams and the cocerage areas were shown in color. Maybe need more info????

I am not sure I understand what else do you need? The site lists all the spot beams in color. You just need to scroll the "Beams bar" on top to see the remaining beams

Tried the site you suggested, but didn't list all available and active spotbeams. The site that was linked showed all spotbeams and the cocerage areas were shown in color. Maybe need more info????

Last edited:
I have a question about spotbeams. Can they be moved to cover a different area once the satellite is in orbit? I am thinking that perhaps they find that a particular area is already well covered by another satellite or a new satellite, can the beam be directed to another area that needs the coverage?

I have a question about spotbeams. Can they be moved to cover a different area once the satellite is in orbit? I am thinking that perhaps they find that a particular area is already well covered by another satellite or a new satellite, can the beam be directed to another area that needs the coverage?

Not usually. AMC 14 was built with that capability, but as you probably know went amiss at time of launch.

Fitzie

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts