Center Ice commercial insertion problem

eddieras

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 10, 2007
anyone with NHL Center Ice notice commercial insertion problems- adding more commercials to the NHL allotted commercial break? when they return from the commercial break the game is already under way and typically it's about a minute of action that's missed--obviously 2 extra commercials. this was a regular occurrence earlier in the season till I contacted the NHL and Dish - it was better the past few months - but returned again the other night.

just wondering if any other Center Ice fans notice this-- of note, I’m referring only to NYR games on MSG as that's typically all i watch. I'm curious to see if its across the board.

Last edited:
I haven't noticed this at all, but I haven't watched all the NYR games.

I believe the commercials you see on CI are the commercials on the RSN. I have noticed several commercials that pertain only to the area covered by that particular RSN. So it looks like MSG is trying to slide more commercials into the slot than there is time for...

My pet peeve is when the screen says something like "Commercial break" accompanied by the Dish elevator music. I don't understand why some areas commercials can't air on the CI broadcast. Even the Canadian commercials are aired...

My pet peeve is when the screen says something like "Commercial break" accompanied by the Dish elevator music. I don't understand why some areas commercials can't air on the CI broadcast. Even the Canadian commercials are aired...

they're probably getting those games as a raw feed and don't want to risk someone having an open mic and dropping an f bomb or something?

I haven't noticed this at all, but I haven't watched all the NYR games.

I believe the commercials you see on CI are the commercials on the RSN. I have noticed several commercials that pertain only to the area covered by that particular RSN. So it looks like MSG is trying to slide more commercials into the slot than there is time for...

the last time it was pretty generic commercials- tho sometimes it'll be Dish PPV commericials in the mix too.. wouldn't put it past either Dish or MSG to try to squeeze more out of it. I phoned in to NHL Home Ice on XM and told Bettman about it and he wasn't too happy - that's when I got the email address of the CI person at the NHL - as i said they did stop doing this back in early feb but the last MSG game they were back to their old tricks-- so i emailed the NHL again! we'll see....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)