CENTER ICE ON DISH - NOT CARRYING IT - GULP!!

CanTex77

Original poster
Sep 26, 2008
Does anyone know if this is accurate? I have spoken with countless DISH representatives who swear that DISH won't be carrying CI this year.

Digging a little further has gotten me nowhere. I have heard the following answers from DISH and a dizzying number of variants of those answers....

1. Not carrying it at all
2. Maybe carrying it.
3. Not carrying it until November 9th
4. Only regional action available.

We are Canadians living in Houston and we are so going to be mightily pissed if we can't watch Toronto and Vancouver miss the playoffs again.

S

Have you guys actually ordered it? A confirmed ordering? I have tried online and through the phone but nothing. Please let me know. It may look like it''s being carried but this is contrary to the CSR's and online.

Scott,

Been there done that. Have you actually ordered it? I have tried that page about 12 times over 4 days and it's been a no-go each time. Same for the phone...

Let me sort of backtrack a bit...

It may look like it's being carried and it may sound like it's being carried and there maybe several ways to order it but when you actually try to order it there is no way in hell of ordering it....

If it makes you feel any better, I just ordered CI on Directv.

Sorry, that doesn't help.

Dish often doesn't have their sports packages ready until very close to the season. We're still 8 days away, perhaps they haven't figure it out yet. Pitiful, sorry.

Someone here posted that they ordered it for $149 because that's the price it showed on Channel 625 and they had to give it him. They've since changed it to $159. So yeah, I would say someone here has ordered it. It's in one of these threads.

Does anyone know if this is accurate? I have spoken with countless DISH representatives who swear that DISH won't be carrying CI this year.

Digging a little further has gotten me nowhere. I have heard the following answers from DISH and a dizzying number of variants of those answers....

1. Not carrying it at all
2. Maybe carrying it.
3. Not carrying it until November 9th
4. Only regional action available.

We are Canadians living in Houston and we are so going to be mightily pissed if we can't watch Toronto and Vancouver miss the playoffs again.

S

If E* is not carrying CI this year how come I got a letter about re upping and I have paid two installments on CI?
Pulse they have four NHLCI channels in the guide already.
They are carrying CI that's for sure you just have to keep calling to get a CSR who knows what is what also you mite try e-mailing ceo@dishnetwork I am not sure about the link but if I am wrong some here will correct me in a NY minute.

Dish is carrying it. In fact I can't get them to take it off my account! I was under auto renew and I cancelled in August and still have gotten billed twice.

Sam

Someone here posted that they ordered it for $149 because that's the price it showed on Channel 625 and they had to give it him. They've since changed it to $159. So yeah, I would say someone here has ordered it. It's in one of these threads.

That was me, I found on channel 625 (SD) it says that the cost to buy the season is $149.00 but if you go up to the HD 625 it says the cost is $159.00. I was able to order it with three installments of $53.00 and that amount is on my bill. 3X53=159.00 I know. But they are creditting my account the other $10.00 on my 250 package for the screw up.

I now can watch channel 625 in SD, but when I channel up to 625HD is says I need to pay $159.00 to watch.
I am confused.

That was me, I found on channel 625 (SD) it says that the cost to buy the season is $149.00 but if you go up to the HD 625 it says the cost is $159.00. I was able to order it with three installments of $53.00 and that amount is on my bill. 3X53=159.00 I know. But they are creditting my account the other $10.00 on my 250 package for the screw up.

I now can watch channel 625 in SD, but when I channel up to 625HD is says I need to pay $159.00 to watch.
I am confused.

is there a $10.00 difference for hd channel?

Dish is carrying it. In fact I can't get them to take it off my account! I was under auto renew and I cancelled in August and still have gotten billed twice.

Sam

Same here after 2 attempts. They charged my credit card $159 6 weeks ago and I can't seem to be able to get a credit or anything on my statement showing they cancelled it.

I'm thinking I should just keep it in case removing it changes the status of my grandfathered HD only pack. :confused:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts