Central receiver location help?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

slc71

Original poster
Jun 8, 2008
hello everyone. I was wondering if it is possible to locate all of the dish receivers in a central wiring closet in the basement.
I have looked thru all the receivers and see they have UHF remotes but it is only on the second tv.
I am running new cable (audio/video/ethernet) thru the house and want to figure out if a antenna line should be pulled also.
Not sure if I could just do IR over CAT5 or RG6?

Looking for any input..

hello everyone. I was wondering if it is possible to locate all of the dish receivers in a central wiring closet in the basement.
I have looked thru all the receivers and see they have UHF remotes but it is only on the second tv.
I am running new cable (audio/video/ethernet) thru the house and want to figure out if a antenna line should be pulled also.
Not sure if I could just do IR over CAT5 or RG6?

Looking for any input..

Many x22 receivers can run UHF for TV1 as well. Setups vary depending on the receiver model.

you could do either, you could get extra uhf remotes for the tv1 sides of the receivers, or use the cat5 for the ir.

I would ask though, are you doing any HD? cause if so you are going to be pulling a lot of cable to get an HD signal from the basement up to the tv, just something to think about.

My plan was to pull HDMI and/or Composite to certain rooms.
Thanks for the info, time to start working on the plan.
Comcast is just killing me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts