CEO@ email address gets results

Rlanham

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 22, 2004
If you have a legitimate complaint, CEO@echostar.com does get results. Too bad regular Dish customer service won't get similar results.

I Sent this email
Sent: Tuesday, May 01, 2007 7:54 AM
To: CEO
Subject: Help getting $10 rebates started.
Hi, My name is **********
My Dish Network Account # **************
I sent in a rebate form for your $100 (10-$10 monthly credits) for adding Dish-HD programming on/after 6/9/06 promotion.
I mailed in the rebate on 11/7/06.
I received a letter from Dish on 12/28/06 saying my account was "inactive" Of course that was incorrect so I called 866-225-1901 on 1/6/07, and was told it was a computer error and that my rebate would be put in for reprocessing. I called again on 2/15/07 to check my rebate status. I was told my rebate is now in the system but to wait 8-10 weeks for my first $10 credit to appear on my account. I called again today 5/1/07, and was told AGAIN that they do have my rebate and that is was approved, and call back in 8 weeks if it hasn't appeared. Adding to my frustration, my Dish Network bill went up $10/month in February when Dish had their price increase in February, (which I understand prices do go up), so it really will be a wash if and when my rebate starts, but every little bit helps.
Do you have any suggestions on how I can get my rebate credits started? Thanks for your time, Rob

Response from CEO@echostar.com

Received 5/1/07 5:40pm
To: **************
Re: $10 rebate status
Thanks for the email. I would like to apologize for the time it had taken to have the $10 credits added to your account. I have emailed my promotions management team to ensure that they are added on your next bill. In addition I have provided you with a $20 credit to your account for the frustration.
I hope that this helps. Please let me know if there is ever anything else that I can do for you in the future.

The ceo@ folks are great. They have helped numerous times. We have lots of threads.

Glad to see they could help you.

LER

I have had to use this a few times and had excellent success each time except for the last time.

They are really awesome, If I can't resolve a complex issue with a customer I always refer them to that address. It does work as we have seen!

Yes they have great support from that address that is where I have gotten some good contacts from. Which I wont post their E-mail address on the boards but the ceo address does work.

It gets results... I had excellent responses from them with issues that I could not resolve through customer service. They should start thinking about having a customer service support through email. It looks like it gives better result than the telephone support.

Yeah in most cases it best that once you get a response back from that address to add that person as a contact. That way then you can E-mail the person your dealing with plus you have something to reference to which is the E-mail itself. Also it's nice dealing with the same person through e-mail which you will not do when you call into Dish you get whoever. E-mail a great way to get issues taken care of not all companies have great E-mail support. But Dish does and its great makes things easier to get taken care of.

In our nine years with Dish I've only had to resort to writing to the ceo twice. In both cases I made sure my e-mail was polite and to the point. Within hours of sending the two posts I received a response. A call with the first and an initial e-mail with the second, in both cases I was able to receive a favorable outcome communicating over the phone with a ceo representative.

So why all the inactive accounts? I got the same message. Seems fishy that alot of people that sent in the rebates have "inactive accounts".

Could be difficulty reading the account code of your rebate form or more likely they fat fingered it when typing it in.

I used the address once. but no help came of it. Instead of sending a tech out to take a look at the Super Dish, they decided to send me 6 721 receivers over a 5 week span.

Finally got them to send a tech out, and it took all of five minutes to switch out a overheating LNB.

Could be difficulty reading the account code of your rebate form or more likely they fat fingered it when typing it in.

I think they are playing the "reject the rebate", and hope the customer forgets about it game. Lot of people never get around to sending in rebates, and if they are rejected and the customer has to put forth more effort, they know a certain % of those people won't resubmit. I hate rebates, but since they seem to be a necessary evil, I stay on top of them. I have been fighting with Office Depot for almost a year on a $50 rebate.. they are the worst.

Poke:

You pointed me to that address a few months ago.....and I think I actually made fun of you for always posting that address!

Now I am a believer!

Always great service. They saved me as a customer and I am really happy with Dish right now because I was able to speak on the phone with someone who I knew was really trying to help me rather then read the party line.

I got the $20 applied to my account. Still nothing on the $10 rebates. It has only been 8 days, but I bet I will have to email them back again in another month when my rebates still aren't being applied. Oh well, its been 7 months, whats one more.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)