CES-2011 PR: Toshiba Introduces New Laptops Equipped With 2nd Generation Intel Core Family of Proces

Ilya

XXI Century Explorer
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Lifetime Supporter
Feb 16, 2004
NE OH
January 05, 2011 02:00 PM Eastern Time

Toshiba Introduces New Laptops Equipped With 2nd Generation Intel Core Family of Processors

New Satellite and Qosmio Laptops Deliver Faster Performance and Intel Wireless Display in Full HD

ViewMedia

2011 International CES
LVCC Central Hall Booth #11026
LAS VEGAS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Continuing its long-standing strategic relationship, Toshiba’s Digital Products Division (DPD), a division of Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc., today announced its support for the second generation of Intel’s® Core™ Family of processors. Beginning later this month, Toshiba’s premium consumer laptops and select models of the company’s mainstream laptops will be generally available featuring the new processors.

New Intel Processors and Technologies Enhance Performance and Entertainment

The new processors feature improved adaptive performance that adds speed when needed and enhanced graphics capabilities, providing a more seamless PC experience. Optimized Intel Turbo Boost 2.0 Technology on Core i5 and Core i7 processors1 improves responsiveness, making the laptops ideal for heavy multitaskers, gamers and consumers that go beyond average PC usage. Select laptops will also feature Intel Wireless Display2, which increases the resolution output from 720p to full HD 1080p3, enabling users to wirelessly savor multimedia, online entertainment or other laptop content on a big screen with amazing image clarity and sound.

“Incorporating these new processors into our line will provide our customers with a more responsive PC experience and better battery life ratings – two important improvements they’ve been asking for,” said Ron Smith, vice president of marketing, Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc., Digital Products Division.

In addition to the benefits of the new processors, Toshiba is incorporating advanced technologies that enhance performance and the user experience into its premium laptops. USB 3.0 ports with Toshiba Sleep & Charge4, available on the Satellite® E305, Satellite A660 Series and Satellite M640 Series will provide faster data transfer speeds to external hard drives and future USB3.0 devices. Hard drives with Hybrid Drive Technology, available on the Satellite E305 and Qosmio® X505, combine the speed benefits of solid state storage with the capacity benefits of traditional hard drives delivering fast, high capacity storage for performance users.

Qosmio X505: Performance Powerhouse

The award-winning Qosmio X505 laptop delivers powerhouse desktop performance with blazing-fast 3D graphics, high-performance components and premium A/V features. With 2nd Generation Intel Core i7 quad core or Core i5 dual core processors plus the muscle of NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 460M graphics5 and up to 8GB of DDR3 memory6 and 1.5GB of discrete DDR5 graphics memory as well as a 7200 RPM hard drive with Hybrid Drive Technology, the Qosmio X505 makes powering through today’s top 3D games, hi-def video creation and the toughest tasks a breeze. With its 18.4-inch diagonal HD TruBrite widescreen display7 and premium sound package with built-in harman/kardon® speakers and Dolby Home Theater® audio technology, users can enjoy Blu-ray™ movies8 and games like never before. The Qosmio X505 Series starts at $1,299.99 MSRP9.

Satellite A660 and Satellite M640 Series: Sophisticated, Powerful Entertainment Laptops

The Satellite A660 and Satellite M640 Series laptops provide premium performance and luxurious entertainment features for a complete multimedia experience. Featuring performance-class components, such as NVIDIA GeForce GT 500 Series graphics processing units4 with Optimus technology and new cutting-edge features, such as USB 3.0 ports, Intel Wireless Display and Blu-ray Disc™ drives7 on select models, the laptops are designed to boost HD entertainment, productivity and creativity. Satellite A660 Series laptops (starting at $684.99 MSRP8) feature a 15.6-inch diagonal LED Backlit display6 and will be available in configurations featuring the new Core i3 and Core i5 dual-core processors1 as well as the new Core i7 quad-core processor. Satellite M640 Series laptops (starting at $749.99 MSRP8) feature a 14-inch diagonal widescreen LED Backlit display6 and will be available in configurations featuring the new Core i5 dual-core processor.

Satellite L650: Quality Performance, Extraordinary Value

Ideal for consumers, families, students and small business owners looking for a well-rounded laptop with great performance at an affordable price, select models of the Satellite L655 will feature 2nd Generation Intel Core i3 and i5 dual-core processors1. With a 15.6-inch diagonal HD TruBrite display6, up to a 640GB hard drive10 and 4GB of DDR3 memory5, the laptop can power through everyday tasks with ease and will be available in a variety of colors, including Grey, Black, Red, White and Brown to match one’s personal style. Satellite L655 laptops featuring the new processors start at $699.99 MSRP8.

Satellite E305: Third Collaboration between Toshiba and Best Buy

Designed for the retailer’s Blue Label™ initiative, the Satellite E305 is a thin and light laptop carefully balanced to offer the latest high-performance technology with a long battery life rating. At about an inch thin and weighing less than five pounds11, the laptop features an all-new exclusive design, hallmarked by a lightweight, yet sturdy aluminum case in Champagne with an LED-backlit raised tile keyboard, all-new touch pad design with smooth right and left mouse buttons and a tray-loading Blu-ray Disc™ drive. Featuring the 2nd Generation Intel Core i5 processor and a host of innovative technology, including Intel Wireless Display2, USB 3.0 with Sleep & Charge3, a hybrid hard drive and Dolby Advanced Audio™ technology, the laptop is also WiMAX™-ready12.

Pricing and Availability

The new Toshiba Satellite and Qosmio laptops featuring the 2nd Generation Intel Core i7 quad-core processor will be available in January at major retailers, e-tailers and direct from Toshiba on toshibadirect.com.

Satellite laptops featuring the new Intel Core i3 and Core i5 processors will be generally available in February 2010.

The Satellite E305 will be available exclusively at Best Buy in Spring 2011.

Downloadable image galleries available at: http://bit.ly/2011Q1-QosmioX505, http://bit.ly/2011Q1-SatelliteA665, http://bit.ly/2011Q1-SatelliteM645, http://bit.ly/2011Q1-SatelliteL655 and http://bit.ly/2011Q1-SatelliteE305

Connect with Toshiba on Twitter at twitter.com/ToshibaLaptops and on Facebook at www.facebook.com/ToshibaLaptopsUS.

About Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc. (TAIS)

Headquartered in Irvine, Calif., TAIS is comprised of four business units: Digital Products Division, Imaging Systems Division, Storage Device Division, and Telecommunication Systems Division. Together, these divisions provide mobile products and solutions, including industry-leading portable computers; televisions, TV/DVD Combination products, Blu-ray Disc and DVD products, and portable devices; imaging products for the security, medical and manufacturing markets; storage products for automotive, computer and consumer electronics applications; and IP business telephone systems with unified communications, collaboration and mobility applications. TAIS provides sales, marketing and services for its wide range of products in the United States and Latin America.

TAIS is an independent operating company owned by Toshiba America, Inc., a subsidiary of Toshiba Corporation. Toshiba Corporation is a world leader and innovator in high technology, a diversified manufacturer and marketer of advanced electronic and electrical products. These products span from information & communications systems; digital consumer products; electronic devices and components; as well as power systems including nuclear energy; industrial and social infrastructure systems; and home appliances. Toshiba was founded in 1875, and today operates a global network of more than 730 companies, with 204,000 employees worldwide and annual sales surpassing $75 billion (6.2 Trillion Yen). For more information on Toshiba visit www.toshiba.com.

© 2011 Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc. All product, service and company names are trademarks, registered trademarks or service marks of their respective owners. Information including without limitation product prices, specifications, availability, content of services, and contact information is subject to change without notice. All rights reserved.

1 Processor. CPU performance may vary. See Processor Legal Footnote at www.info.toshiba.com

2 Wireless Display. May require purchase of additional software, external hardware, or services. Transmission speeds may vary. See Wireless Legal Footnote at www.info.toshiba.com

3 1080P High-Definition. The effect of enhancements may vary depending upon content quality and display device capability/functionality/settings. Depending on the quality of the content, some video noise may be visible.

4 The “USB Sleep & Charge function” may not work with certain external devices even if they are compliant with the USB specification. In those cases, turn the power of the computer ON to charge the device.

5 Graphics. GPU performance may vary. See Graphics Legal Footnote at www.info.toshiba.com

6 Memory. Memory size may vary. See Memory Legal Footnote at www.info.toshiba.com

7 Display. Any small bright dots that may appear on your display are an intrinsic characteristic of the thin film transistors manufacturing technology. See Display Legal Footnote at www.info.toshiba.com

8 Blu-ray Disc™ Player Technology. Compatibility and/or performance issues are possible. See Blu-Ray Disc Player Technology Legal Footnote at www.info.toshiba.com

9 Price. Reseller prices may vary. MSRP means “Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price.”

10 Hard Disk Drive Capacity. Hard drive capacity may vary. 1 Gigabyte (GB) means 109 = 1,000,000,000 bytes using powers of 10. See Hard Disk Drive Capacity Legal Footnote at www.info.toshiba.com

11 Weight. Weight may vary. See Weight Legal Footnote at www.info.toshiba.com

12 WiMAX™ wireless use requires separately purchased subscription service. Access limited to coverage area.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts