CES Outtakes ...

I don't know if that is a two channel "stereo" mic, but if it's a single channel wireless, perhaps if you select "internal" mic for channel 1 and the wireless for channel 2, that way you have back-up audio when stuff like this happens. It is something I do all the time on my gov meetings and other such crap. Later when editing just duplicate the appropriate track and remove the unneeded one.

Thanks for sharing the video.

I don't know if that is a two channel "stereo" mic, but if it's a single channel wireless, perhaps if you select "internal" mic for channel 1 and the wireless for channel 2, that way you have back-up audio when stuff like this happens. It is something I do all the time on my gov meetings and other such crap. Later when editing just duplicate the appropriate track and remove the unneeded one.

Thanks for sharing the video.
When Scott was on, we were wireless-2 channel, my cam records 5.1 native.

Most pro cams, Tony are done that way. Set the on cam mike as a backup, and set the other channel to the remote either wired or wireless. It looks like what Scott has is a Universal wireless brick that makes any xlr mic into a wireless. These are always single channel.

Don- your TD10 has that selected in the menu but if you plug in anything to the stereo analog jack it shuts that off and reverts to 2 channel stereo. Now you can connect a mono signal to either left or right channel or both ( bridging the tip and ring of the analog plug.) Sony also makes several mics that are digital audio that plug into the top digital connection. Most of these work also in stereo 2 channel but there is one that supports a remote 5.1 too. I have all the Sony accessory mics for the TD10 and a Sure analog XLR input mixer/preamp with phantom power for my pro audio stuff. When I plug that in, it auto selects the TD10 to 2 channel. This mixer mounts to the bottom of the TD10 and adds two XLR jacks, plus it duplicates the mount so you can still put the TD10 + preamp on a tripod.

41MauQTrKPL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts