Chad Johnson REALLY needs to get off the crack!

salsadancer7

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Jun 1, 2004
South Florida
OK....you ready for this, Ocho-Cinco thinks....in either a drunken stupor or a drugged state...states he CAN BEAT Michael Phelps......*gulp* in a swimming race!!

Ok.....ah.....

ROFLMAO!!!!:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha

Seriously, what is the deal with players on the Cincinnati Bengals....??!!:confused:

Michael Phelps might be knocking off world records on a daily basis at the 2008 Olympics, but until he takes on the kids in the inner city, Chad Johnson is not impressed.

The Cincinnati wide receiver told ESPN's Tony Kornheiser on the popular Pardon the Interruption that he was a swimming champ at some place called Charles Hadley Pool, where apparently they have some of the "best in the world".

Johnson, who was already in the news because he seems to be making efforts to legally change his name to "Ocho Cinco", started the challenge by implying that the Olympics does not provide enough of a competition for Phelps.

In Johnson's world, the some of the best swimmers are being held captive in "Liberty City", unable to "make it to that level" and if Phelps were to come down there, he would be beaten "right now". Phelps is already the most decorated American swimmer in Olympic history and is just three gold medals from winning the most .

Chad Johnson Claims He Can Beat Michael Phelps - Original Sports: The Post Chronicle

Chad Johnson craves attention. Apparently his Daddy didn't give him enough of it when he was a baby. This explains his constant antics.

This falls in the lines of CJ challenging a horse to a race. Does anybody remember that one? I think he actually ended up beating the horse too.

Chad Johnson craves attention. Apparently his Daddy didn't give him enough of it when he was a baby. This explains his constant antics.

This falls in the lines of CJ challenging a horse to a race. Does anybody remember that one? I think he actually ended up beating the horse too.

Well....in fairness to a horse....it takes a horse approx. 30-40 yeards to get into a full gallop....if you are talking about a race for anything less than 80 yards against someone that almost has world class speed....the horse will lose most of the time.

Like I said, never a dull moment with this guy around. Personally, I find Ocho hilarious. He does give us great material to write about. Sure beats the standard quote guys.

I still can't believe he is trying to change his last name to Ocho Cinco.

With all that is going on in sports right now, I dont have too much of a problem with him. Though, he did catch my intrest in saying he has something big planned for game one.

I dont live in Cinci, so I dont know number 85 inside and out like some may. Though he was one of the few that I can rememeber that when he demanded a trade and when Cinci said it wasnt goinfg to happen, he saw that $$$ wise it was going to cost him so he is not with them, though I guess we have yet to see how he is going to be once the real games start.

Last edited:
I'd rather hear from Ocho Cinco than F*v*e.

Whatever.:rolleyes: You bring Favre up more then anyone else here.

Johnson is the guy who is eccentric--if he plays well. If he struggles he's an idiot. Good for the team if he plays well and his quotes are harmless like this one. Everybody gets a laugh and keeps them loose. Bad for the team if he's not playing well and complains about not getting the ball enough or about his team mates.

I'm sure glad he's a Bungle and not a Steeler.

I seriously doubt that. He, for all his idiocy, is still a very talented player, that would improve the Steelers. If he was a Steeler, he would at least be your idiot.:D

I too am glad he's a Bengal and NOT a Steeler ....
Now if he went to Detroit,I'd have to think he really WAS crazy.

Jimbo

I seriously doubt that. He, for all his idiocy, is still a very talented player, that would improve the Steelers. If he was a Steeler, he would at least be your idiot.:D

The Steelers don't need him, they have two very good recievers in Ward (A Superbowl MVP) and Holmes.

We don't need his shenanigans in Pittsburgh.:rolleyes:

On October 25, 2006, in honor of Hispanic Heritage Month, Johnson announced he would prefer to be called, "Ocho-Cinco" ("8-5" in Spanish). During the October 29, 2006 game against the Atlanta Falcons, Johnson wore "Ocho Cinco" instead of "C. Johnson" on the back of his jersey during warm-ups. This was prior to an interview where Chad "called out" Deangelo Hall, or, as to Johnson, Deangelo "Fall." Quarterback Carson Palmer ripped the label off Johnson's jersey to reveal the usual "C. Johnson" .[25] According to ESPN, Johnson was fined US$5,000 for the stunt (pending appeal).[26]

Credit to Chad Johnson - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chad_Johnson#cite_note-25

I too am glad he's a Bengal and NOT a Steeler ....
Now if he went to Detroit,I'd have to think he really WAS crazy.

Jimbo

Why would that happen? The only place we have any talent on the field, is at receiver. I see a breakout year coming for Calvin Johnson, now that he's healthy. Williams is in a contract year, and Furrey led the league in receptions 2 seasons ago. Don't need no Ocho. But the Steelers would seriously benefit from this man's talent. Losing Plaxico was a serious matter in my book.

Why would that happen? The only place we have any talent on the field, is at receiver. I see a breakout year coming for Calvin Johnson, now that he's healthy. Williams is in a contract year, and Furrey led the league in receptions 2 seasons ago. Don't need no Ocho. But the Steelers would seriously benefit from this man's talent. Losing Plaxico was a serious matter in my book.

Agreed. If anything, CJ is taller than mini-me, errrr Hines Ward and Santonio Homes. Isn't that what Toothlisberger wants?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts