Chances for Audits.

I'd love to tell them to shove it one of these days and if DirecTv gives me an offer I cannot refuse and I just might. I am seeing people going from Dish Network to DirecTv left and right these past several months. Dish Network must be having a hard time satisfying a lot of their customers.

I have had 3 receivers for 6 years, none plugged into a phone line with AEP (going back and forth between monthly and annual depending on pricing). Never have been audited.

I finally plugged in my new 622 to a phone line just to save $5/month.

Following a big thunderstorm last fall, the modem in each of two receivers quit working. The receivers work fine. Both are single receiver DVR's. One is leased. When I called to report the problem, they were going to charge me $90 for the service call. I said screw that and am now running not connected to a phone line. If the call to audit, I'll let them know what I think of their $90 charge. I've been a Dish Customer for 8 years.

This is one reason why I did not want the phoneline connected to my receivers. I had lightening run into a DishPlayer I had and I could not use the webtv on it anymore. I also didnt want people ordering stuff on my receiver through the phoneline. Some people do figure out the PPV password, seen it happen a few times. I found out later that you can have a limit put on your account, I think even a $0.00 limit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts