Change 722K setup

negma

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 26, 2006
I have a 722K @ home, getting HD in one room and SD in another room. I am looking to get HD in second room without going the hopper route. Is it as simple as asking Dish to provide another HD receiver/DVR and connecting to second TV? Also, what would be my additional fee on second receiver. Right now I am just paying $7 a month for 722K.

P.S. - I know I cannot access DVR in second room if I add a receiver in second room, I am OK with that.

Thanks!

211 - HD non DVR - $7 per month
612 - HD solo DVR - $10 per month

Both would require an installation which would be $10 or $95 depending on the account.
If there is a price for the equipment it would depend on the account itself as well.

For the record, I have one 722 and two 612s and I am quite pleased with this arrangement. It gives me 6 sat tuners and 3 OTA tuners. I also don't care about sharing recordings. In dire straights, one could use an EHD to transfer the recordings from one to another.

Thanks everyone! For my situation, looks like Hopper with contract extension is a better route considering cost and convenience.

Thanks everyone! For my situation, looks like Hopper with contract extension is a better route considering cost and convenience.
I think you made a good choice. There's a to like about the Hopper w Sling!

I have a 722K @ home, getting HD in one room and SD in another room. I am looking to get HD in second room without going the hopper route. Is it as simple as asking Dish to provide another HD receiver/DVR and connecting to second TV? Also, what would be my additional fee on second receiver. Right now I am just paying $7 a month for 722K.

P.S. - I know I cannot access DVR in second room if I add a receiver in second room, I am OK with that.

Thanks!
You could still access the DVR in the second room if you leave it hooked up, and use a different input on the TV for a ViP211 so you can watch shows in HD. Obviously, the DVR recordings from the ViP722k would still be down-converted to SD on your second TV, but you can still watch them. Just a suggestion.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)