Change TV1/TV2 set-up (322 reciever)

umass03

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 1, 2008
Ok, so I have been reading a bunch of different threads on recievers, OTA, etc.. but there is a lot of jargon I just don't understand so my question is...

The 322 is in an upstairs bedroom (TV1) with TV2 in an office downstairs. I watch more in the office so I'm thinking if I put the 322 in the office, make that TV1, I can hook via RCA and coax to get DISH and OTA (At least that is what I hope) and then make the bedroom TV2

My question is is that possible? Would I have to re-do the entire set-up?

You would have to change a few things to do it. it's doable, but here's a simpler option. Use a splitter in reverse to join the Antenna signal and the TV2 signal together just before your TV2. Then you can just tune to chan 60 (or whatever channel your TV2 needs to be on) to watch dish, and change to another channel to watch OTA stuff. The TV2 is Agile Modulated meaning that it doesn't interfere with other channels as much as other modulators (such as the one in your old VCR). Best of luck!

You would have to change a few things to do it. it's doable, but here's a simpler option. Use a splitter in reverse to join the Antenna signal and the TV2 signal together just before your TV2. Then you can just tune to chan 60 (or whatever channel your TV2 needs to be on) to watch dish, and change to another channel to watch OTA stuff. The TV2 is Agile Modulated meaning that it doesn't interfere with other channels as much as other modulators (such as the one in your old VCR). Best of luck!

What type of splitter would I need? In-wall coax feeds a diplexer which has coax to the TV and the other connection on the diplexer has the antenna dongle for the remote.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)