Changed to Hd Absolute and up goes my DIU price

jmjunkin

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 23, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
2 days after switching my package to HD Absolute my Dish it Up price went up 50 dollars on everything. I guess I am no longer a 5 STAR customer since I cut my bill by 50 dollars a month. Instead of 75 dollars for a 722 it now says 125. I thought it was funny how quick it changed.:D

2 days after switching my package to HD Absolute my Dish it Up price went up 50 dollars on everything. I guess I am no longer a 5 STAR customer since I cut my bill by 50 dollars a month. Instead of 75 dollars for a 722 it now says 125. I thought it was funny how quick it changed.:D
Sure they were not quoting the INSTALLED price?

My 722 was $125 installed, $75 if they just shipped it (had to already have a 1000.2 or 500 with wing installed). Hmmmm, my new DIU for a 722 is $200 installed. No way I'd pay that. Hard to keep up with all these changes. I've had the 200 package or its equivalent since August 1998. It appears as though one either has to go through the CEO office or Retention in order to get the best deal. This is the type of thing that'll really piss subs off when they learn other subs got better deals. I wonder if this is a smart way to do business.

I am Positive. Before it was 75 installed for a 722 and now it is 125 installed for a 722. I have 2 622's right now and I am not going to upgrade until after next Feb. anyway. At that time I will be on Turbo Hd Platinum package. I will not DIU thru the regular DISH site any way. I will contact a guy at the CEO office who just gave me a 5th tuner (211K ) for free with no commit. He told me just to call him when I wanted to upgrade.;)
Please don't quote CEO deals here. Everyone will call wanting freebies! When you get something like that, I was told to keep it quiet. And since Dish monitors this site, I would suggest you do the same. That is, if you want that kind of treatment in the future!

My 722 was $125 installed, $75 if they just shipped it (had to already have a 1000.2 or 500 with wing installed). Hmmmm, my new DIU for a 722 is $200 installed. No way I'd pay that. Hard to keep up with all these changes. I've had the 200 package or its equivalent since August 1998. It appears as though one either has to go through the CEO office or Retention in order to get the best deal. This is the type of thing that'll really piss subs off when they learn other subs got better deals. I wonder if this is a smart way to do business.
ANd there is your example jmjunkin!

I w, $152/month.ould not call getting a 5 tuner that special of a deal. The only way to get it though is thru CEO office though. It is not like a 211 is that much of a deal to DISH. If it makes you happy I will not say what I get from now on. I pay a lot of money to DISH every month and dont get a lot free nor was I looking to get anything for free. That being said I will not post on deals anymore if it is that offensive.:(
It's not offensive. You have misunderstood me. I'm happy that you got the deal. I've had a similar experience, but won't get into the details here. My point was, don't ruin a good thing for yourself. I'm a firm believer that the more money you spend, should entitle you to things free or at a discounted price compared to what others spend. I too spend a lot,$152/month. I think Dishs' biggest problem is, that they spend more $$$ on trying to make new customers happy, rather than $$$ on existing subs, like us, who have been keeping them afloat for over a decade!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts