Changes in KNMQ-LD and KYNM-CA

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

N5XZS

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 23, 2005
Albuquerque, NM, USA
I noted there are changes going on KNMQ-LD and KYNM-CA.

First one is Biz TV is now in WS 16:9 on RF ch. 20.4.

KCHF-DT, is no longer on RF ch 20.5 and the banner says NMSM, with blank 480i 4:3.

Have no idea what NMSN means maybe New Mexico Sports Network, who's know what going to might be next? :cool:

Now on to KYNM-CA, rivN TV Network went blank 480i 4:3 "might be tech problems?"

KCHF-DT has moved to RF ch. 21.5 in 720p on KYNM-CA from KNMQ-LD RF ch 20.5.

So far no news on Ramar's stations KASA-DT, KTEL-CD, KRTN-LD and KUPT-LD on ownership changes have yet to clear through FCC paperworks.

One little change was noted on KASA-DT was changing the video format to 1080i from 720p.

Still keeping eye on for NBC's LX and Cozi possible move from KASY-DT to soon to be owned and operated NBC Universal Telemundeo stations in Albuquerque's TV broadcast market.

Also no news on local commercial stations on ATSC 3.0 other than KNMD-DT a noncommercial station which is now on the air in ATSC 3.0.

That's the news from Albuquerque's TV market!:hatsoff

Oh, I forgot 2 things one on KNMQ-LD and KWPL-LD.

ACE TV Network is now WS 16:9 480i stretched on RF ch. 20.6.

KWPL-LD, Added a new diginet called Novelisima TV Network a 24/7 Spanish soap opera on remapped ch. 45.3 or RF ch. 30.3 in 480i WS 16:9 with very poor picture quality very bit starved and all sub channels seems to be suffering from MPEG-2, 5 to 8 seconds ranges of video hiccups. :rolleyes: :hatsoff

Other updates again, apparently it's a new sports TV Network called New Mexico Sports Network, starting 9-1-21 on RF ch. 21.5 unfortunately in 480i WS 16:9, unless the engineering people are still tweaking around. :)

They were showing video bulletins saying they moved KCHF-DT to KYNM-CA RF ch. 21.5 720p and the next slide shows coming soon in 9-1-21 New Mexico Sports Network and will cover high school, college and pro levels.

I wonder Stadium or whatever network that will be filling in the rest of 24/7 broadcast schedules?:cool::hatsoff

Trip, little typo error the NMSN should be on RF ch. 20.5 not RF ch. 21.5 and still in 480i WS.

Their website's claims it will go HD sometime in the fall season.

Most likely in 720p more than anything else. :) :hatsoff

Reactions: Trip
More updates on KYNM-CA, RF, ch. 21.2 has replaced RetroTV with JTV home shopping network in 480i 4:3 video format.

No CC and EPG, but the banner still says Retro.

RF, ch. 21.7 is a new home of RetroTV is sending in 480 4:3 video format.

Does have CC, but no EPG at this time.

No new news on official ownership change by the FCC regarding NBC Universal Telemundeo takeover of Ramar broadcast company.

Also no new news on any pending ATSC 3.0 commercials stations other than KNMD-DT which is noncommercial station now on the air on RF ch. 8. :hatsoff

Trip, Here's the lineups on KYNM-CD, RF ch. 21....

21.1 Action 480i 4:3 not full 4:3 and no CC.

21.2 JTV Home shopping channel 480i 4:3 no CC.

21.3 RevN 480i 4:3 yes on CC

21.4 Family 480i 4:3 no CC

21.5 Relay of KCHF-DT in 720p 16:9 with some CC.

21.6 KDAZ-AM 480i 16:9 blank video with audio only with no CC.

21.7 RetroTV 480i 4:3 yes on CC

There is no EPG on all main subchannels at this time... :hatsoff

Reactions: Trip

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts