Changes on KMCI-TV & KSHB-TV in Kansas City, MO

Route66Fan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 7, 2019
Missouri
As a result of the Katz networks starting to move to KPXE-TV. KMCI-TV, Ch. 38.4 has changed from Court TV to HSN (In 16:9 widescreen.) & KSHB-TV has added GetTV to Ch. 41.4. KPXE-TV is still showing HSN on Ch. 50.6 (In 4:3 letterbox.).

I saw the changes and begin to wonder if any of the national programming executives ever bother to see what is being offered in a particular market they are about to enter. With the changes in Kansas City that leaves us with 3 full power channels of "Court TV" not counting "Court Mysteries and Justice." which I do not ever turn in and 2 full power channels of "Laff" . I would think they would consider market saturation at some point or another. How about H&I or Decades on full power?

The 2 Realty Channels that Scripps is adding in July,Newsy and so on. H and I either KMBC or KCWE or KSHB or KMCI. Charge either WDAF or KSHB\KMCI. The Movies or TNN or Start TV or buzzr or Heartland or My Family or so on. HSN has replaced 38.4

I would think they would consider market saturation at some point or another. How about H&I or Decades on full power?
Would definitely like to see Decades, H&I and Movies! on a full power station as they are great diginets. The issue is KCMN 42. Their signal is strong again and more consistent but very unpredictable. Have never understood why WDAF would keep Court TV after it was put on KMCI as well. Have never watched Court TV, Court TV Mysteries and Justice!

Have never understood why WDAF would keep Court TV after it was put on KMCI as well.
The reason Court TV is on WDAF is because of an affiliation agreement that Scripps made with Tribune & Nexstar in 2019. At the time, KSHB was carrying Cozi TV on Ch. 41.2. In early 2020, KSHB's contract with Cozi TV expired & KMCI flipped Ch. 38.4 from Grit to Court TV & KSHB flipped Ch. 41.2 from Cozi TV to Grit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts