Changing Channel While Recording on a 722

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

hemway

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 8, 2003
Arizona
I have a 722 with the OTA module. I'm supposed to have the capability to record at the same time, 2 recordings off the sat and 2 off the OTA module. I've done it and it works.

Recently I've noticed that if I'm recording 1 show off the sat and try to change to a different channel on the sat, I get the message that asks if I want to stop recording.

If I'm recording only on thing off the sat, shouldn't I be able to switch channels without stopping the recording?

I have a 722 with the OTA module. I'm supposed to have the capability to record at the same time, 2 recordings off the sat and 2 off the OTA module. I've done it and it works.

Recently I've noticed that if I'm recording 1 show off the sat and try to change to a different channel on the sat, I get the message that asks if I want to stop recording.

If I'm recording only on thing off the sat, shouldn't I be able to switch channels without stopping the recording?

Hemway,

Its possible your receiver got new firmware, or possible somehow got switched from Single mode to Dual Mode.

Press the Cancel button on the remote, or pull up the Program banner and see if the receiver is in single or dual mode.

If you are still in single mode it is possible you have a problem with one of the tuners or you are not getting a signal from one of the tuners/LNBF/or Switch.

If you are in dual mode then you only have access to one OTA tuner and one Satellite tuner on each set of outputs from the receiver. You can not record one satellite tuner and use the other satellite tuner to record if you are in Dual Mode.

John

Hemway,

Its possible your receiver got new firmware, or possible somehow got switched from Single mode to Dual Mode.

You can not record one satellite tuner and use the other satellite tuner to record if you are in Dual Mode.

John,

I am not saying that you are mistaken about a firmware update somehow changing the Mode, but in the years that I've had 622s and 722ks I've never seen the mode changed by an update. That said, I agree completely that this sounds like the OP is in Dual Mode.

I may be misreading your comment about simultaneously recording on two Sat tuners while in Dual mode, but it certainly is possible to be recording Sat programming at TV1 and at TV2 simultaneously.

For the OP, a suggestion. You do not have a 722 receiver with an OTA module - you have a 722k receiver with an OTA module. In this instance you made that clear, but many problems that are reported require the responder to know which receiver it is.

Hope your problem is solved with a press of the Mode switch on the front panel.

Last edited:
John,

I am not saying that you are mistaken about a firmware update somehow changing the Mode, but in the years that I've had 622s and 722ks I've never seen the mode changed by an update. That said, I agree completely that this sounds like the OP is in Dual Mode.

I may be misreading your comment about simultaneously recording on two Sat tuners while in Dual mode, but it certainly is possible to be recording Sat programming at TV1 and at TV2 simultaneously.

For the OP, a suggestion. You don not have a 722 receiver with an OTA module - you have a 722k receiver with an OTA module. In this instance you made that clear, but many problems that are reported require the responder to know which receiver it is.

Hope your problem is solved with a press of the Mode switch on the front panel.

Saltidawg,

In 99 percent of cases a firmware update will not change the mode, but it happened to me. I've always had my receiver in Single mode.

After one update in the last 6 months my receiver did revert to Dual Mode after the update, so it can happen.

John

Please, let's all have open minds as software updates can change a number of things (unintended and, perhaps, on a very small number of boxes, but still potentially a few hundred thousand out of over 24 million STB's) including the famous update that changed some people's remote access code. I had that happen to my aunt's box, and the same was reported here.

Thanks everyone. I had the receiver in single mode but did notice (after checking the thread) that it was in dual mode. Switched it back to single mode and it seams to be working okay.

Please, let's all have open minds as software updates can change a number of things (unintended and, perhaps, on a very small number of boxes, but still potentially a few hundred thousand out of over 24 million STB's) including the famous update that changed some people's remote access code. I had that happen to my aunt's box, and the same was reported here.

On two or three occasions, updates changed my HD resolution from 1080i to 420p. It's been a while, but I keep checking weekly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)