Changing connections

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

bhails

Original poster
Oct 20, 2007
We've had Dish Network for over a year. I have a 625 downstairs that connects a TV in the den and one in the living room. Upstairs, I have a 522 that connects to a TV in the master bedroom and one in a spare bedroom. After seeing how we use the TV's I now want to change which TV's are connected to which tuner.

Can I change how the cables are connected at the splitter so that the living room TV is connected to the 522 upstairs? (I really don't care about the spare bedroom TV.) The TV in the den I'd be happy with just having it be the only TV connected to the 625. (The 625 is located in the den.)

Yes, all you have to do is look at which cable is hooked into which tv output on the back of the receiver and just swap the cables. The only thing is that you will need to have TV1 do UHF functionality so that you can change those channels in the other room. Some people put their receivers in single user mode and it allows both TV1 and TV2 to output to channel 3 and this also prevents you from having to make any cable changes. If you want a wire run to that tuner that is not currently connected to that satellite receiver at all then it all depends on how your wiring is done as to what you can do. Different things can be done with splitters and diplexers to allow you to change it from one channel to another to access different tuners around the house.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)