Changing DVRs...can I move my recordings

dkstuff

Original poster
Nov 26, 2007
A tech is coming out tomorrow and I'm thinking they may switch my receiver. I have TWO 625 DVRs. I have just a few programs recorded but there is one I really need to save. I don't have a DVD recorder except on my notebook. I've searched the forum but everything I see is about people wanting to burn off their DVR to computer or DVD. I'm wondering if there is anyway I (or Dish tech) can "save" my recording before taking away my receiving. Is there something they can pull off and put on the new one since they will both be present? Or, can they move from my malfunctioning DVR to my 2nd DVR? Can I do that? Anyone know how I can save my recording (it has me on it) before they take the box away? Please help!
Thank you!

no no no. If you do not have a pocketdish you better get a VCR and tape to record because if they are replaced everything will be gone.

I'd head off to WallyWorld (Walmart) and get a philips DVD recorder
so far mine's been doing GREAT !

Is that what the S-video cable is for? Sorry I don't mean to sound stupid but they are coming tomorrow morning so I don't have much time to figure this out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)