changing package after 1 year?

catman60

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Aug 30, 2009
michigan
people say if you can't finish the 2year lease just switch to a small package rather than cancel and get hit with the fees. will they let me switch from a gold package to a bronze after 1 year?i wouldn't think they would let me have the discount for one year then when the package goes to regular price,let me switch to a cheaper one!

people say if you can't finish the 2year lease just switch to a small package rather than cancel and get hit with the fees. will they let me switch from a gold package to a bronze after 1 year?i wouldn't think they would let me have the discount for one year then when the package goes to regular price,let me switch to a cheaper one!
You can switch programming to whatever, whenever you want. BUT, downgrading will incur a $5.00 charge

You need to read your contract. All it states usually is that you agree to buy a minimum qualifying level of programminf for 24 months. The minimum qualifying level is usually "Family Paxk" at $19.99 I think.

I switch packages all the time.

Right now during this bad economy I have found myself switching my package alot.If you downgrade your package there is always a 5 dollar charge,but never if you upgrade.Some months you may afford more channels ,others money is tight so I go down to bronze.Dish has never had an issue with this other than you can only change your programming online once a year (you can change by Chat though)..Fairly easy to do..Just watch your Bill if you change mid Bill cycle,I usually wait to change programming right after each monthly bill is paid and if I have extra fees I pay immediatly as to not be surprised by big bill next month.

when signing up for 2 years i get the discount price for one year.if i switch packages during the 1st year do i still get the discount price on the package i switch to?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts