Changing Programming to Flex Pack

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

JWHITE

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 8, 2003
Northern VA
I was just on the Dish Network site (I am an existing customer) and was trying to change my programing from AT120 to Flex. There is currently no option to change to Flex Plan in the list of plans. It still shows the discontinues Smart Pack. Can existing customers change to Flex Plan? If so, I guess I need to go through the phone maze instead of doing it on-line. If there is a DiRT member around, that might work too.

Jay

HWS probably already has the white G4 card, but some customers are still unable to see the Flex Pack option online because old deactivated receivers with purple G3 cards are still tied to their accounts. Did you have any other receivers before you got the HWS?

Confirmed the HWS has a White G4 card. I have had many, many Dish receiver receivers in the last 20 years. First receiver was a 4000 :)
I also started out with a 4000. :)

You might want to check with DIRT to make sure that you get all of the old receivers completely removed from your account. (Not just deactivated, but no longer tied to the account in any way whatsoever.) Otherwise, not only will you not see the option for Flex Pack on your online account, but even if you do switch to Flex Pack, you may not have the option to change your add-on packages online, either. All of your receivers (activated and deactivated) have to have the G4 Smart Card for those options to show up in your online account.

Reactions: JWHITE
DiRT member Chris_S deleted old receivers from my account and I can now see the Flex Pack and all the option packs under My Programming/Change Programming on my account.

Thanks Chris_S and all above for the help!!!

Jay

I switched to Flex Pack last night (from AT250) via phone and so far I cannot see Flex Pack options on mydish.com. Chatted this morning with an agent; she said she sent a report to Dish engineers as she couldn't get the Flex options to appear. I have an owned H3, two owned wireless joeys & 1 owned 4k joey (and many leased Hoppers/VIP's/etc before).

It does, but if you have any other owned equipment tied to your account they Flag the account as incompatible.
Apparently there is a G3 card in one of those receivers.

Do you have a 211 or 211k?

Crap, yes I own a Tailgater which has a 211. Forgot about that receiver....it's deactivated until next Fall though.

What about activating the 211, ordering a replacement SC for it, and then deactivating once areived?

Probably the easiest thing to do although the tailgater is 150 miles away at my parent's house (I'm in Des Moines, they are in Omaha on the way to Memorial Stadium in Lincoln, NE). Just seems odd that Dish says there isn't a workaround when I read on here it's a smartcard issue....

Probably the easiest thing to do although the tailgater is 150 miles away at my parent's house (I'm in Des Moines, they are in Omaha on the way to Memorial Stadium in Lincoln, NE). Just seems odd that Dish says there isn't a workaround when I read on here it's a smartcard issue....
There is a workaround. You will have to have DIRT remove the ViP211 from your account completely. Once it is no longer tied to your account in any way, the Flex Pack options should show up online as long as all of your other receivers have the G4 Smart Card.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)