Channel 03 and 60 on Same Television Possible?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Stargazer

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 7, 2003
Western WV
I would like to be able to get channel 03 and channel 60 (or another modulated channel number) on the same television. Is this possible? Also is it possible to get four channels in such a manner? For example channel 03, channel 04, channel 60, channel 69 combining the television outputs (1 & 2) from two dual tuner receivers and be able to switch the television channel to any of those so that you can watch from any of the tuners/receivers that you want.

3 and 4 will give you trouble cause they are so close together, but I've combined multiple TV2 outputs (with several channels of blank space between) and a SINGLE TV1 output (either 3 or 4) with no trouble at all.

That's just with splitters and coax cable, there might be some sort of combiner you can buy which would do 3 & 4 on the same cable with satisfactory results.

This product will combine both inputs...

http://www.dishstore.net/product_info.php?cPath=50&products_id=184
http://www.dishstore.net/product_info.php?cPath=50&products_id=183

Although I do not recommend this, I used to use one of these with Cable. When I had cable connected to this device it would actually remove channel 3 from the cable company and let me insert the channel 3 output from the satellite receiver.

As far as adjacent channels like 3 and 4, can be done but it requires commercial grade equipment that you would find in a commercial headend. Most consumer grade stuff puts out interference on the adjacent channel and therefore that why you'll see 2,4,6,8 Etc.

I figured there might be an issue with 3/4 since they are so close together. Maybe it would be better to change what is coming out as channel 3/4 on a receiver to another channel with a device before it goes to the coax. Is there a device that can do such a thing? Can it be had for cheap?

I tried last year at my house to combine a UHF channel with 03 and when someone would turn on the tuner for 03 it would over ride the UHF station.

If I had the amplified channel combiner like the one at the dishstore would that cause any issues with a UHF antenna that I would put at the other end or would that help it?

Last edited:
Are you talking about channel 3 on the Dish being combined with lets say an OTA channel 4?

The amplfied combiner has a notch filter so adjacent channels will not be an issue when combining them in this manner.

It is possible to change the channel from 3 to something else, just buy an external agile modulator :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts