Channel 100 ?

mopardude01

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Apr 16, 2014
missouri
What is the purpose of this channel, can you change the 8 channels some how? The ones that are there are not any I picked. Just curious, thanks

What is the purpose of this channel, can you change the 8 channels some how? The ones that are there are not any I picked. Just curious, thanks
The purpose is mostly to highlight the free preview channels that Dish has each month. Currently, there are not enough free previews to fill all six or eight (depending on what time of day you check) windows, so Dish fills in with other channels for the remaining windows. On my deactivated Hopper 3, I see windows for FYI, MTV, HLMKD, "Currently Unavailable" (channel unlabeled since it does not show up at all unless you subscribe to it), WFN, LIFE, TBS, and HLMRK. All of my windows are gray, since my receiver is deactivated. FYI, MTV, HLMKD, and WFN are all free preview channels. Earlier today, I checked channel 100 on my sister's Wally, which has Welcome Pack. She had six windows, showing those four channels plus Dish Scapes in the lower-left window. On her Wally, only the lower-right window was gray with "Currently Unavailable" displayed.

On ViP receivers, channel 100 provides a convenient way to find all of the apps (however few there are) that are still available on the ViP receivers.

There is no way for the user to change which channels are displayed. That is done on Dish's end.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)